12 Volt Power Socket

Phil

I have a 2001 Toyota Corolla LE. It has your typical cig. lighter in the front dash, and then another power outlet by the emergency brake. Well the one by the emergency brake stopped working. (prolly cause of garbage that shouldn't have been there got into it) I've replaced the socket with another one, purchased directly from Toyota. Installed it, still does not work...ok so I checked all my fuses and I can not find a broken fuse?!?!? There is a fuse for this right? Oh and I forgot to mention, my cig lighter is working just fine, my interior lights, head lights, etc. etc. all work just fine. Someone please help me out and tell me what I am missing?? I used a meter and tested the wires coming into the socket...theres no power. So if someone knows where the fuse is, or what I should be looking for I'd greatly appreciate it so I could get this thing working again. Thanks!! B)

Hey bud,It may be a problem with the harness/lead stretching and a disconnection may have happened,I dont think it would have a fuse for a ciggie lighter but u might wanna check by the manual,Personally Ide follow the harness for any visual or apperant breakages down the line ,Then maybe a multimeter from end to end,youlle find it :) :)

Hey bud,It may be a problem with the harness/lead stretching and a disconnection may have happened,I dont think it would have a fuse for a ciggie lighter but u might wanna check by the manual,Personally Ide follow the harness for any visual or apperant breakages down the line ,Then maybe a multimeter from end to end,youlle find it :) :)

Well I suppose I will have to start pulling every thing apart if that is what it comes down to. But the cig. lighter itself does have a fuse...so thats why I thought that maybe the other outlet would have a fuse as well..i've no clue.

ive asked my local toyota guy & he'll email me a copy of the wiring diagragm,when i get it ill email or pm you

Was wondering if you had gotten that copy of the wiring diagram from your local toyota guy? I had gotten a PM on yahoo messenger from someone that other day and I had no clue who it was.....not sure if that was you trying to contact me??