Installation of AUX/USB port on factory 2014 RAV GX Stereo 86140-42270

Megan

Hi All,

I recently purchased a 2014 RAV4 GX AWD Petrol. Upon searching, I was unable to locate the USB/AUX port on the dash below the stereo as I wanted to plug in an older ipod (which doesnt have bluetooth). The RAV4 comes with two 12V charging ports but no AUX into stereo (which I find odd as my previous generation RAV4 Cruiser had the AUX port in the centre console). I spoke to City Toyota and they advised that the majority of 2014 GX models did not come with a USB/AUX port when they changed the stereo over from the original 2013 one that didn't have the reverse camera.I have quoted the USB part as ~$180 plus labour charges on top. I was gobsmacked and figured that I would install one myself. 

Today, I've popped out blank face plate and put in an after market USB/Charging port from ebay (see photo). This has a red/black for power and USB cable (see photo). However, upon pulling out the factory standard stereo there is no actual USB input port. The middle 12 pin input (slot to the left of grey input) was not being used and I suspect perhaps this for USB. Does anyone know if this would be the correct port? Also are there USB adapters to 12 pin I could purchase? Or is this stereo not compatible with USB input despite Toyota advising it is.

Stereo Model is 100331 (front of stereo) or 86140-42270 (on top of stereo when removed) (see photos)

Thanks in advance for your assistance

IMG_5648.JPG

IMG_5650.JPG

IMG_5651.JPG

IMG_5652.JPG

$_57.JPG