HELP! Transponder ignigtion key.

Has anyone out there had this problem?

I have lost my spare key for my 2003 Camry, 4 cylinder. I am shocked at the cost of a new key!

I have been told that if I still have the master key [which I do]. I can obtain a blank transponder key off ebay , go to a locksmith and have it cut off the original. Then go through a set of instructions utilizing the master key to then program this new key.

I have also been told that the transponder key for my model might be a chip containing a Texas 4C or the 4D.

Has ANYONE been through this before? Is there a cheap blank key out there on the net that I can chase up? I have looked everywhere, even the USA ebay site but it seems that their Camry models goes from around 98 to 2004, so may not be our model which started in 2002.

Would appreciate any imput and advice. :help:

r u in sydney?

check the locksmiths in the yellow pages that can come to you.. (the 1s that do business from the back of their vans)

they can save you money if you compare their price to toyotas price.

• 1 month later...
Has anyone out there had this problem?

I have lost my spare key for my 2003 Camry, 4 cylinder. I am shocked at the cost of a new key!

I have been told that if I still have the master key [which I do]. I can obtain a blank transponder key off ebay , go to a locksmith and have it cut off the original. Then go through a set of instructions utilizing the master key to then program this new key.

I have also been told that the transponder key for my model might be a chip containing a Texas 4C or the 4D.

Has ANYONE been through this before? Is there a cheap blank key out there on the net that I can chase up? I have looked everywhere, even the USA ebay site but it seems that their Camry models goes from around 98 to 2004, so may not be our model which started in 2002.

Would appreciate any imput and advice. :help:

HI,

I CAN HELP YOU WITH YOUR KEY, MISTER MINIT NOW HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY TO CLONE THE KEYS. THEY CAN HELP YOU WITH ALL TOYOTA KEYS FOR AROUND $140.00 AND IT TAKES 5 MINUTES, NO RUNNING AROUND TO THREE DIFFERENT PLACES OR LEAVING YOUR CAR FOR HALF A DAY.

HOPE THIS HELPS :yahoo: