Problewm with 1997 Camry security system/alarm

Can anyone offer a DIY solution to this problem? As I said after you press key once, lghts blink and usually the car is just locked. However now I hear a clicking noise near the door and the alarm activates within a couple of seconds. I have read the manual and there appears a way to re program alarm but am not that confident to try. Is there a way you can disengage and just locked the car manually? I realise I will probably have to go to an auto electrician to solve.Its frustrating because I can't lock the car at the moment. Any help would be appreciated. :help:

you should be able to lock the door with the key.

Perhaps there is either the door or bonnet sensors that can tell if the door/bonnet is closed/open are stuffed and therefore setting the alarm off. Standard alarm?

if u lock the car using the key...remember to disable the remote by leaving the key in the ignition and turn it to the on position for 30mins (it maybe less i forget)....i learnt tht the hard way...coz when u use the remote it uses a 2 stage unlocking process...one to unlock the doors and enable ignition bt if u dont turn the engine on within a matter of minutes the alarm syst then auto. disables the ignition so u cant turn on the engine....SO DISABLE THE REMOTE otherwise u will need NRMA to come tow the thing!!