Kluger Windscreen

Cookie

Has anyone noticed a ripple effect in their windscreen?

It's most apparent when sitting in the drivers seat and looking from the drivers seat to the left through where the passenger looks.

It's most apparent when sitting in the drivers seat and looking from the drivers seat to the left through where the passenger looks.

Mine is the same.

I was thinking of saying something when I take it in for service, even though it's hardly noticable.

Thought this rippling effect is normal? I first noticed it as I was looking at a car sitting next to me. From that angle the rippling in its windscreen was very obvious. I then looked at my Kluger windscreen from a side angle and could see the rippling as well. So I just assumed its normal. From viewing angles within the cabin, I don't think it is that obvious...

Cookie,

Now your have me looking to the left all the time now looking for that ripple, that I've yet to notice.

The missus is gone think I'm eyeing her off. B)

Seriously, I too will look today when I'm out and about.

Another Kluger I know has the same problem, hardly noticable when looking straight ahead but look to the left and it's really bad.

My front windscreen has ripple effect and is noticeable at driver side and less obvious on passanger side. We noticed and showed it to the sales on the day we pickup the car but we were told by the dealer/sales that we have no choice because the car is already registered to us and insisted that they did not see the ripple effect and we are not expert in windscreen so they did not allow us to write down the comment on the New Vehicle Delivery Checklist.

Go and check every single car... it'd have a similar ripple... I believe it's part of the laminating process but I can't confirm. As long as it doesn't distort looking forwards, then there's not much to complain about as you're quite unlikely to be driving the car from outside the driver's seat.

Go and check every single car... it'd have a similar ripple... I believe it's part of the laminating process but I can't confirm. As long as it doesn't distort looking forwards, then there's not much to complain about as you're quite unlikely to be driving the car from outside the driver's seat.

Thanks for all the feedback so far.

So when you are going around a left hand corner and the view is distorted that is acceptable? On a $65k vehicle? And yes, on occasions you can see it while looking straight ahead.

Anyone else got any feedback on this? I am interested to know if this is 'how windscreens are these days' or if it's a genuine problem.