rav4 steering wheel noise

My 2006 RAV now makes a crunching or popping sound when turning right at low speeds. There is no play in my steering struts but I get lots of feedback through the steering wheel. The internet is full of reports of this noise and people keep on refering to a TSB which describes the problem.

Can any one send me a copy of the TSB?

Do Australian dealers know of this or is it just overseas people?

:help:

Is it safe?

Technical Service Bulletin. I can't seem to find anything though, but thought I'd at least have a stab at helping.

Hmmm. From the research I just did, I've found that these cars don't have a power steering pump. Apparently they are electric driven. Interesting. See what a few dealers say on the issue. Where abouts are you located?

Additionally, how is your radio?

Sounds like your clockspring might be shagged (curled up ribbon cable for the airbag). Is your airbag light on? Yes, these are electric power steering - basically an oversized wiper motor that sits on the steering column. Just take it to a Toyota dealer and get it fixed whilst it's in warranty.