First Off Road Trip for Our Grande FWD

PaulG

Some rough roads handled with ease. Some dark skies. And home again. Now for the hose and bucket.

Edited by PaulG

Was there any challenging parts where the FWD struggled? Did the traction control intervene much? or did you turn it off?

I left the traction control on. There was only one time where I was approaching a rocky area and the wheels spun trying to mount a 100-150mm rock. I didn't have quite enough forward momentum for that one. Easily overcome that by backing up and approaching a little faster.

There were a few fairly step incline/declines over rocky and red soil terrain and some dry black soil. Some deep ruts. Only bottomed out on sump guard and towbar a couple of times in some particuarly deep ruts - and that was because I was trying to save the paint job from scratches from trees and not stradling the ruts! Overall handled with ease. The tracks were dry and no soft/deep sand. These tracks are impassable in the Wet to ANY vehicle and are usually under a couple of feet of water.

Fuel ecomony reading was around 13.5, but I didn't really take much notice.

The kids in the back watched dvds the whole time - and no problems at all with playing DVDs whilst bouncing around over corrugations.