Simple Hilux Engine question

potcake

I live in the bahamas and i just bought a 2008 Hilux 2.7 VVT-i petrol 4X4 double cab. I am thinking about getting either a turbo or supercharger, but every kit is see is for the older hilux and tacoma is my motor a 3rz? and if so will one of the kits for the older models work on my truck just plug and play.... hope i dont sound too stupid... any help would be greatly apriciated....

I live in the bahamas and i just bought a 2008 Hilux 2.7 VVT-i petrol 4X4 double cab. I am thinking about getting either a turbo or supercharger, but every kit is see is for the older hilux and tacoma is my motor a 3rz? and if so will one of the kits for the older models work on my truck just plug and play.... hope i dont sound too stupid... any help would be greatly apriciated....

New Hilii and Hiaces have the 2TR-FE engine, not the 3RZ. The key is the VVT-i, which the RZ-family never had. Thus, most (if not all) of the bolt-on kits for older models (which would be for the 3RZ) would not work.

Then again, considering America's love with turbo-ing and supercharging truck motors (looooots of history with the R-series, and the RZ), it won't be long before heaps of stuff is out for the 2TR, if it isn't already.

My advice, if its not a Diesel hilux... Dont turbocharge it. But V8Toy might know where to get a turbocharger for the petrol.

Good luck with it!!!

i wish lol i woulda bombed the older 22r lol

i havent had heaps to do with the newer models simply cause i wasnt a fan of the ifs front end i just know they used to leave my little engine behind lol

but yeah im sure u'll be able to find something just how much do ya wanna spend personally id go to a performance shop and get somethin fabricated onto it

better yet i could hook u up with a toyota v8 to slot in they the ducks nuts :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

My advice, if its not a Diesel hilux... Dont turbocharge it. But V8Toy might know where to get a turbocharger for the petrol.

Good luck with it!!!

i wish lol i woulda bombed the older 22r lol

i havent had heaps to do with the newer models simply cause i wasnt a fan of the ifs front end i just know they used to leave my little engine behind lol

but yeah im sure u'll be able to find something just how much do ya wanna spend personally id go to a performance shop and get somethin fabricated onto it

better yet i could hook u up with a toyota v8 to slot in they the ducks nuts :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Whats engine model number of a Toyota V8?

sorry thread hijack oops lol umm it cost me 1800 with full loom and ecu and also came with the standard auto which i aint usin its a peice of ***** to fit especially with 2'' or more bodylift which helps with radiator room u only gotta make a new gearbox crossmember and engine mounts which are easy if u get the engine square etc and just take it easy and think bout it but other than that it fits better than a V6 i reckon