Kluger vs Prado for towing

Hi all, I am looking at buying either a current modle 4 wheel drive Kluger or a V6 Prado (both with the intent of putting on gas).

I was wondering if any one out ther can give me some feed back on how they both tow, as what I don't wan't to do is make the same mistake as what I did whith my last car VZ Holden Adventura 5.7lt.

Ignoring the 25 - 28lt per 100k fuel economy whilst towing, it was an absolute nightmare to tow with until I had the suspension changed to handle the van.

I tow a Jayco 17' expanda pop top van (gross wheight approximatly 1800kg) fully equipt with a heavy duty Hayman Reese load didtribution hitch and electric brakes).

My last car felt like it was going to be overtaken by the van if I made the slightest mistake, as it is very dificult to test drive a car allready set up with electric brakes and have the dealership aggree to let you tow with it, I would greatly appreciate any feed back.

Cheers.

Hi There,

My Dad owned a Klueger (previous series).. and traded it for a Prado...

his descision was for insurance purposes... i have been in both his Prado and the old Klueger while towing and i'd say that Prado felt more stable and did the job more efficiently.

Its the trade off for the mod' cons' that you have to wrestle with i guess.

Good luck with your decision.

If you'd like to speak with him yourself PM me and i will pass on your details to him.. and he can give you a call and chat to you about it if you wish.

get a deisel prado for sure!

i would also suggest Hayman Reece level riders to balance the weight of the van, makes ahuge difference!

Edited by Mopp