Fellow TRD friends, i need help with an assignment! lol

Trd_ivo

Question is:- Identify ONE issue relevant today, currently being reported on the SBS or ABC, that have critically impacted on health delivery and cultural realities in work practice. Suggest methods to address these issues in partnership with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples communities.

I am totally lost, i keep reading it and not understanding what they are expecting me to write?

Take out main points.......

must be in media - SBS ABC

Relevant to critically impacting on health delivery and cultural realities in work practice

Easy scenario to use, relate it to aboriginal/torres strait communities

Things that spring to mind with me would be in relation to Health Promotion and cultural values that may inhibit/create difficulties with endorsing current western methods of health promotion

Cultural sensitivities also, remembering cultural values and traditional practices etc

Things that ive heard lately in the media are in relation to dry zones up north etc and imposing that sort of thing so to do with drinking, other things that spring to mind are in relation to basic health awareness relating to sex education, Drug abuse (all types) etc, and can even go into

- Im coming at all this from a Health point of view as ive done a bachelor of Health Science in public health and work as a Health Consultant now....so i may be coming from way off.........

also look into alcohol dehydrogenase........certain enzyme etc.....different nationalities and different genders even have diffferent levels in body and effect how you tolerate and process alcohol

Can investigate into Aborigianl/torres strait and reasons why addiction so easy and tolerance low (generalisation) but you get what i mean

if you really get stuck feel free to buzz me on mobile AH i may be able to help ya with bouncing off ideas etc - pm'd ya my mobile

Edited by jaderd