tires - off & onroad

jeffs

Could anyone assist? I've got a current model diesel Prado. Great car but the standard issue Dunlop Grandtreks are useless in any mud - especially in the red stuff!

Two questions:

1) what is the best reasonably capable offroad tire that gives good wear & doesn't drive me crazy with onroad noise?

2) I see that Goodrich have a 265/70 17inch but the nominal Prado size is 265/65. Would the Goodrich be a problem?

All advice greatfully rec'd.

Could anyone assist? I've got a current model diesel Prado. Great car but the standard issue Dunlop Grandtreks are useless in any mud - especially in the red stuff!

Two questions:

1) what is the best reasonably capable offroad tire that gives good wear & doesn't drive me crazy with onroad noise?

2) I see that Goodrich have a 265/70 17inch but the nominal Prado size is 265/65. Would the Goodrich be a problem?

All advice greatfully rec'd.

Jeffs,

BFG's are a great tyre and are no problem on the prado, road noise is not a worry with them. Depending on how much Off road you do and what type the ATR's are a good all round but for more serious stuff the mud terrains are more than capable. Just be sure to check the load rating before installing any tyre, there should be a sticker on the inside panel of the drivers door to give you the specs..!!