Adding climate to KXR?? possible

wilsact

Hi everyone,

New member and happy kluger owner.

I have heard that all Klugers are wired the same regardless of spec. i.e even though the KXR doesnt come with foglights the wiring is already there etc.

Was curious does this extend to the climate control. Could you just add the controls and away you go, or would there be far more to it.

I know that base model falcons are wired this way, all you need to do is add the controls, but wasn't sure if there would be more too it with kluger.

Any help much appreciated.

Regards

I dont know, but the climate control is silly anyway, on hotter days, say 27c you can set it to 24c and you can feel freezing still, and other days when outside temp is say 20c, if you put it on 19c and it seems hot still.

I think the outside temp affects the way in which the climate works

There is one member on another topic who has taken his climate apart, maybe you can browse an old topic, and find the member in q's

Hi everyone,

New member and happy kluger owner.

I have heard that all Klugers are wired the same regardless of spec. i.e even though the KXR doesnt come with foglights the wiring is already there etc.

Was curious does this extend to the climate control. Could you just add the controls and away you go, or would there be far more to it.

I know that base model falcons are wired this way, all you need to do is add the controls, but wasn't sure if there would be more too it with kluger.

Any help much appreciated.

Regards

I have 2 Klugers, and they are not wired the same.

Climate control is very different to airconditioning and has extra sensors, and also 3 condensors and fans and more as there are three zones.

I would love to have climate control in the KX-R as I think the system in the Grande is fantastic, regardless of what other people say. Maybe they are doing something wrong or they have a fault. The system in the Kluger works as well, or better than any other car I have had.