Steering Wheel Spacers

Gday guys,

Have searched the forum couldn't see anything, may have been looking the wrong way yet.

Just seeing if anyone has fitted a steering wheel spacer to their corolla, or if one even exists for that matter??

I'm not looking for the one that sits between the steering wheel and the seat....... ;)

just the one that brings the steering wheel further out.

Cheers

Here here.

I NEEED a steering wheel spacer.

ZZE12xx's have the ****TEST driving position! The steering wheel should be at least 50mm closer to the driver and the seat should be at least 100mm lower. They already have too much headroom as it is so if they made the seat 100mm lower, they could've made the roof 150mm lower and the car would look better and use less fuel.

Maybe we should start a list of everyone who would be keen to pay for one and we'll get something made up. i'm also keen to modify my seat rails to get it 80mm lower or so (i fear going lower than that migh affect resale value).

50mm would be the most you'd want to go with the steering wheel otherwise U have to take ur hands off the wheel to reach the indicator and winscreen wiper stalks.

Here here.

I NEEED a steering wheel spacer.

ZZE12xx's have the ****TEST driving position! The steering wheel should be at least 50mm closer to the driver and the seat should be at least 100mm lower. They already have too much headroom as it is so if they made the seat 100mm lower, they could've made the roof 150mm lower and the car would look better and use less fuel.

But that's not the styling trend of current small cars - to maximise interior room whilst minimising exterior dimensions, most car manufacturers have adopted what is known as the "tall-boy" style, where you sit more upright with your arms still outstretched but your legs more vertical. Compared to an old-skool style seating position where you are half laying down and both arms and legs outstretched, it may feel like the wheel needs to move closer to you, but the car is designed that way.

In saying that, every car these days _should_ be designed to have both reach and height adjustment on the steering wheel, as well as pedal adjustment - the reason they don't is pure penny-pinching on the behalf of the manufacturers