Towing with the SX6

mmm

Yet to get our SX6. Should be here by the end of the month I hope. We will be towing a camper trailer weighing around 700 kg fully loaded. Will be getting a pop top caravan in the next 18 months. This should weigh approx 1500 - 1600 Kg fully loaded. Interested to hear from others who tow such things.

Similar here! We are waiting for our ZR6 by the end of June (website says "in transit to Australia"!).

Anyway, we expect to be able to tow a pop-top of about 1400kg without any trouble. This is based on the fact that we currently tow a 1600kg pop-top van with a V8 Berlina - about the same weight as a V6 RAV4, and 225kW vs the 200 of the RAV. The Berlina tows the 1600kg very easily, and we previously towed it with a Commodore V6, which also did well (although, obviously, not as easily as the V8!) We are now downsizing, hence the RAV and a somewhat smaller van. I would expect an SX6 to hardly notice a 700kg tug!

It will probably be 3 or 4 months before we actually tow anything with our new RAV, but I'll report back when we do.

I have cut down 2 huge Foxtail palms and carted them to the dump in one hit.

Bit hard to say what it weighed but the old box trailer was damn close to capacity just by looking at it. There was alot of weight in it.

Unbraked trailers are register at a 750kg capacity although some a built better than others so my weight could be either side of this figure.

I could feel the extra load on my SX6 but it was much. Felt it more under brakes though with the load pushing me along.