Kluger AWD: KXR 5seat & 7seat, KXS

snooze

Hi everyone,

I am new here and from Perth WA. My family are out hunting for a brand new suv, our chooses were, Volkswagen, RAV4 (we steered away due to the hesitation issue we heard so much about on the net) and Kluger.

We decided on the Kluger and narrowed our option to the models below:

AWD KXR 5 seats

AWD KXR 7 seats

AWD KXS 7 seats

accessories we would like are

nudge bar (must have)

mats (must have)

tint (maybe)

side steps (maybe)

mud flaps (maybe)

bonnect protector (maybe)

How much do I expect to pay for the above models drive away? with or without those accessories?

Is the Kluger constant AWD?

I have read the thread kluger price but appears to be more of 2008 model and in eastern state. I was confused with what OTR and fleet price mean? (anyone care to elaborate?)

Thanks all in advanced.

Hi Snooze,

In my experience, it all depends on the dealer and how much they want to sell the car on the day.

Until you're ready to sit down and talk turkey, most dealers won't give you their "best price" until they are reasonably confident that you are actually ready to buy now.

When we purchased our Mazda SP20 several years ago, we went to a few dealerships who said they could give us an unbelieveable price, but only when we were ready to sit down and sign papers etc.

When we were ready, we sat down with one and held firm on the price. After 50 mins of going back and forth, the actual principal of the dealership came in and tried one last ditch effort, then told the salesman to give it to us for the price we were asking (which was approx. $5K less than the "best-price" they offered us).

The salesman told us afterwards that generally when they can see that someone is genuinely interested in purchasing, it is fairly rare they will let that person walk out the door to another dealer as the next dealer will likely match (if not beat) the price to get your business.

I too am looking at a KX-R 2WD 7 seater and have been quoted the list "on-road" price of around $50K (inc. nudge bar, side steps, mud flaps, floor mats, tow bar)....though when we are ready to purchase (in a month or two) I expect this will drop "at least" to the low-mid 40's.

The AWD variant will be about $4K more expensive than the 2WD models.

The KX-S will likely be about $7K - $10K more than the KX-R model....

Pop into a few dealerships and see what prices they give you.

If you are ready to buy, sit down with one and see what they can do for you.

Hope this helps....

Dave

Hi Dave,

Just want a figure to start with so I dont get rip off.

Another question, anyone know if I can request the KXR to have fog lights with geniune steering wheel lever switch and roof rack like the ones on kxs?

We got the kxs awd with pretty much all you options and a few more, $52k drive away.

that sounds like a very good deal BlackKluger, considering I was quoted 62k rrp for kxs AWD without accessories.

is that for 2008 or 2009 model? and which state are you from? and if you dont mind what extra acessories you got that I have not include?

Edited by snooze

Yep (unlike RAV whose AWD is 'on demand').

On the Kluger Price thread, you will notice many of the good buys used either fleet discount or novated lease. Some of us who did not have these benefits, paid somewhere around the $53K mark for KX-S AWD on-road (excluding extras).

I paid just under $56k in Dec08 (Nov08 build) in Canberra which is without hesitation a terrible place to bargain for a car. This price included: nudge bar, tow pack, roof racks and rear parking sensors. By no means the lowest price, but I am so happy that the KX-S is everything I wanted.

*Edit* I think side steps are not much more than 'eye candy' ... side step will not help one little bit in reaching rear roof rack which is in line with rear axle. Front roof rack is in line with centre of rear door, so just open rear door to reach that one.

Edited by mdv

Yep (unlike RAV whose AWD is 'on demand').

On the Kluger Price thread, you will notice many of the good buys used either fleet discount or novated lease. Some of us who did not have these benefits, paid somewhere around the $53K mark for KX-S AWD on-road (excluding extras).

I paid just under $56k in Dec08 (Nov08 build) in Canberra which is without hesitation a terrible place to bargain for a car. This price included: nudge bar, tow pack, roof racks and rear parking sensors. By no means the lowest price, but I am so happy that the KX-S is everything I wanted.

*Edit* I think side steps are not much more than 'eye candy' ... side step will not help one little bit in reaching rear roof rack which is in line with rear axle. Front roof rack is in line with centre of rear door, so just open rear door to reach that one.

I found ONE use for side steps (in regards to reaching the roof racks) its when you're at the snow and it's slushy on the ground, i can stand on the step and not put "boot slush" in the car or on the door sill, it stays outside on the side step, but you're right, it does bugger all in helping you reach the rear roof rack, unless you move them forward a bit... which is what i've done, all i use them for is snowboards anyway, so its not load bearing critical...

I also work for a national company which means if i didnt want a to lease and had that much CASH, i could have paid for it at this price...not that i thinkanything would have this much hanging around.

VIC - nudge bar, wiring for driving lights, rubber mat, side steps, tow bar, floor mats, light protectors, bonnet protector,

Oh by the way, one stupid thing with the kluger, the change gear selector, it isnt that good of useful, its not like a commodore which holds the gear you want, it just swithes you from 5 spd auto to 4sp to 3sp to 2 spd....

Otherwise FANTASTIC DRIVE!