Kluger - Electric Brake Controller

ss--ss

Hi I will be towing a caravan which has electric brakes. I was going to get a prodigy electric brake controller to install in the Kluger.

I've been told some vehicles already have the wiring harness to plug into , Does anyone know if the Kluger has a connector under the dash or somewhere.

Or will it have to be wired in to the fusebox etc ?

Hi I will be towing a caravan which has electric brakes. I was going to get a prodigy electric brake controller to install in the Kluger.

I've been told some vehicles already have the wiring harness to plug into , Does anyone know if the Kluger has a connector under the dash or somewhere.

Or will it have to be wired in to the fusebox etc ?

As far as I know there are no existing wiring for a brake controller. I wired my Prodigy unit in. I installed it under the dash on the RHS making sure that it did not interfere with the Knee Protection Air Bag. You need to run two wires through the RHS Mudguard to the battery and one to the rear of the vehicle. I use the reversing light pin on a seven pin plug but you can wire in a separate Anderson Plug. There is a thread ( (about April 2008) with some pictures on this site about installing a Prodigy brake control that I put up about 12 months ago.

If you are not familiar with wiring things in, I suggest you use and auto-electrician. It is quite and involved job particularly running the wire to the rear as you have to thread it through door-sills and the rear plastic panel.

Edited by SamF

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got the Tekonsha P3 & it's recommended to install a extra 20amp breaker which I also have..

I've called a auto electrician who will come out & install for $150 so I'll get it done by a pro.. Will post pictures when done if anyone's interested

I have an older caravan which has a brake controller on the draw bar, therefore it isnt as good as the ones you guys have but i adjust it right for highway speed and find it simple to use, i have used 3 cars with this and no need to get any controllers fitted:), save heaps of money and HOLEs.

I have an older caravan which has a brake controller on the draw bar, therefore it isnt as good as the ones you guys have but i adjust it right for highway speed and find it simple to use, i have used 3 cars with this and no need to get any controllers fitted:), save heaps of money and HOLEs.

Also I presume not having a bake controller in a car increases its resale value as a buyer wouldn't know that it's been used for towing.

• 9 months later...

I finally got the Tekonsha P3 & it's recommended to install a extra 20amp breaker which I also have..

I've called a auto electrician who will come out & install for $150 so I'll get it done by a pro.. Will post pictures when done if anyone's interested

I realise this may be too late. Can I please see the pic of the controller under the dash? Does it interfere with your legs. as there doesn't seem to be much room? Can anyone else give me advice on where to put the controller so its not in the road

Thankyou

I realise this may be too late. Can I please see the pic of the controller under the dash? Does it interfere with your legs. as there doesn't seem to be much room? Can anyone else give me advice on where to put the controller so its not in the road

Thankyou

Attached is a photo of the unit attached to my Kluger. It does not et in the way or interfere with anything.

post-7031-128358778145_thumb.jpg

Thankyou

Attached is a photo of the unit attached to my Kluger. It does not et in the way or interfere with anything.

Thankyou

THANKYOU.