Climate control activates istelf

JLR

Hi, another question.

Anyone else experiencing that when you start the car, the climate control sometimes doesnt keep the settings you had used last? Like its defaulted.

Example. I never use the "AUTO" mode. Just cause i dont gernally like driving with the AC on. I also have "SYNC" on aswell.

Quite a few times, ive started the car, and "AUTO" is ON and "SYNC" is OFF. Just as if the system has defaulted?

Also we've also had the "REAR" automatically come on all by itself occasionally.

Hmmm. Looks like i might have to get Toyota to investigate if this is not a common problem.

Thanks.

I've noticed some weird behaviour of the climate control too. Main one being that it doesn't seem to turn the AC on when it needs to cool down and it sets to recirculate when it needs to cool down :huh:

I plan to read the owners manual and see if there is any explanation of how the CC works. If it doesn't work as it should, then I will consult Toyota!

I think it is reasonably common for climate control to choose recirculate instead of fresh - reason being that as the A/C begins to cool the cabin down the air from the cabin is likely to be cooler than what is outside, so the outcoming air can gets cooler, quicker.

To test this, on a hot day manually choose outside air and when the cabin begins to cool down switch it over to recirculate and feel the difference.

Dave - that is exactly what I do when I need to cool the car down. I assumed the Climate Control would do the same thing.

Instead, when it is hot and needs to cool down, it turns the AC off and recirculates hot air with the fan on high :huh: If it turned the AC on and recirculated the air, that would at least make some sense.

The manual wasn't much good, it just says that the CC controls the fan speed and AC operation. It says that it may use recirculation at times if that is more effective for acheiving the desired temperature. It doesn't explain the behaviour I have noticed.

Wondering if others have noticed the same?

That doesn't sound right to me. If the temp is high in the cabin, the CC should recognise that and turn the A/C on.

If it doesn't then I'd speak to Toyota about it.

It will be interesting to hear if others have the same thing happening in their Klugers...

That doesn't sound right to me. If the temp is high in the cabin, the CC should recognise that and turn the A/C on.

If it doesn't then I'd speak to Toyota about it.

It will be interesting to hear if others have the same thing happening in their Klugers...

My manual A/C fan switch did some strange things the other day as well, going to full blast by itself on a couple of occasions. It was the 42 degree day in Sydney, whether that affected it I'm not sure. It will get a mention at my next service.

simple answer, we dont use the auto mode....

Thats the problem i've got. I don't use AUTO mode (always off), but it comes on automatically by itself without pushing any buttons whatso-ever. And this is during driving!