Corolla service question

thegoat

Hi,

I booked my 2007 Corolla in for a service today. It's 2 years old and done 31000km's. Because we're on advantage plan, the maximum a service should cost us is $130.

I got a call from the person this morning (my wife dropped the car off), stating that because it's 2 years old, it's now due for a 50000km service (even though it's only done 31000km's). He said that because of this, we miss out on some of the 'features' of a 40000km service including an air filter and something else that I can't remember. He said that because we'd 'missed' the 40000km service, we'd have to pay for these extra items at a cost of $120 (on top of our normal servicing cost of $130).

My question is, does this sound right and if so, is he in his rights to charge us extra for these items even though we're on the 'advantage' plan? I told him I didn't want these things done at the moment so that I could do some research and find out whether he should be charging us.

any advice would be appreciated!

Cheers

Not quite right there Vinh.

It covers costs incurred in the Normal Service Schedule.

so if your 50000 km service has oil and filter + extras... they are all covered as outlined in your warranty handbook.

if you missed your 40000 km servive and expect to have that done in addition to the 50000 km service... then i'd expect them to charge you for any extra items... which are clearly outside the normal service sheduled in your warranty and service book.

hope that makes sense.

because it's 2 years old, it's now due for a 50000km service (even though it's only done 31000km's).

That's because servicing also works on a time scale; every 6 months or 10,000km is the usual timeframes they recommend (can be more or less).