100,000km Service. Toyta Camry Vienta 1996

96vienta

I have a 96 Camry Vienta due for its 100k service. Being a poor uni student I do not have the money to pay a mechanic to overcharge me for parts and service. I have a mate that will do the service for me.

What sort of things should be done on a typical 100k service? I have read the service book which lists most of it, but is there anything else you would suggest I check/change?

Thanks for any help.

thermostat and water pump are a priority.

Make sure at LEAST those two parts are OEM. Have heard one too many stories of people's thermostats not opening or water pumps leaking/stopping only a month or two after install.

Do a full coolant flush while you're at it... empty through the bottom of the radiator and fill from the filler neck on top next to the engine. Use Toyota's Long Life Coolant with distilled or demineralised water at 50/50 mix. Make sure there's no bubbles WHATSOEVER when topping the coolant up whilst the car's running. Maybe change the radiator and neck filler caps if the rubber in the caps are looking a bit dodgy...

Only use Denso platinum spark plugs or the NGK Iridium IXs... Denso plugs are stock standard plugs from Toyota (very awesome plug)

Can't think of much else. This stuff I outlined is purely from my own personal experience and has helped many others... should be good for you too :)

if i'm not mistaken i think all vientas use the v6 (1mz-fe??)

Hah no... only the Gen 4s had those engines.

Adam, all Gen 3 Vientas had the 3VZs. I have seen one Gen 3 with a 1MZ though... apparently they had an engine swap.

Edited by Whip Cracker