WANTED: 3sge motor or easy motor conversion toyota celica st184

toughmr2

define "easy"????????

nothing just falls in unless you have a 1/2 cut donor

even the 3SG is a lot of work with the wiring. I have done several at work

define "easy"????????

nothing just falls in unless you have a 1/2 cut donor

even the 3SG is a lot of work with the wiring. I have done several at work

this is very true.... the 'easiest' (in terms of actual labour) way to get more power is to turbo the 5S-FE... but I would not recomend doing this unless you are 100% sure of what you are doing, and have done at least 6 months of research in to it! (i know, ive done it!)

the 3S-GTE is the easiest turbo swap available, but its still not easy by any stroke of the imagination.

Unless you are willing to do it yourself, and you know what you are doing... or you have the coin to pay someone who does... then its not worth even attempting.

You would be better off just buying a GT4 if you don't want to take either of those options...

im a mechanic by trade adn donw a fair bit of work to it can you use a 3sge head on a 5sfe block at all its mainly the head i want to do as i have done bottom end work

If you are a mechanic then definitely go for it... I still would suggest doing the 3S-GTE swap as opposed to the 5S-GTE (using a 5s + 3sge head, 5s electronics)

interesting article terry... one thing to note though, is that the generation 1 5S-FE block does come standard with an oil cooler under the filter... although in a boosted application this will usually need to be removed. (due to clearance of the turbo/dump)

• 2 weeks later...
not all 5SF's have the cooler. i have an early(no balance shaft) engine I jsut got from the wreckers with a plain filter

rather odd, i have a revision 1 5s (no knock sensor, etc) and it does have it... very strange

not all 5SF's have the cooler. i have an early(no balance shaft) engine I jsut got from the wreckers with a plain filter

rather odd, i have a revision 1 5s (no knock sensor, etc) and it does have it... very strange

By revision 1, do you mean all pre-10/1991 models? Or is there a revision number on the ID plate?

By revision 1, do you mean all pre-10/1991 models? Or is there a revision number on the ID plate?

pre 10-91 is rev 1