camry v6 loves to drink

Jacob_AurionZR6

hey guys

i own a 2000 camry touring v6 and it love to drink petrol.

i have a new v6 engine cause my other one shot a piston due to running it on gas all the time, anyways my car will only do 450km out of a 65L tank. i have new tyres and the car is serviced every 3 months. i have a pod filter running not the original air box could that me my problem, my mechanic removed the gas for me before putting in the new engine, also when i fill up the car it smells like petrol and when the tank is half full or below the car smells like petrol as well.

any help please

cheers jacob

hey guys

i have a new v6 engine cause my other one shot a piston due to running it on gas all the time, anyways my car will only do 450km out of a 65L tank. i have new tyres and the car is serviced every 3 months. i have a pod filter running not the original air box could that me my problem, my mechanic removed the gas for me before putting in the new engine, also when i fill up the car it smells like petrol and when the tank is half full or below the car smells like petrol as well.

any help please

cheers jacob

thats not bad economy really. i get about the same from my v6 camry, all depends on how happy your right foot is i guess. give us a bit more detail about the petrol smell, cause generally when your filling up the car you will smell the fumes, or by this do you mean inside the car?

hey guys

any help please

cheers jacob

thats not bad economy really. i get about the same from my v6 camry, all depends on how happy your right foot is i guess. give us a bit more detail about the petrol smell, cause generally when your filling up the car you will smell the fumes, or by this do you mean inside the car?

the smell of petrol is inside the car, my mechanic told me that could be the reason why, my car isnt drinking but losing petrol.

hey guys

any help please

cheers jacob

the smell of petrol is inside the car, my mechanic told me that could be the reason why, my car isnt drinking but losing petrol.

hmm, maybe have a look at the seal around the pump...? which is under the back seat. im not too sure to be honest, but like i said my car gets the same mileage as you.

hey guys

any help please

cheers jacob

Hi Jacob,

Was the smell there prior to removal of the Gas? if not, then there's a leak somewhere. I had a fuel leak a while ago after replacing a head gasket. For me, it was my injector seals. Have the injectors been removed during any service? Once the injector comes out, the seal on it MUST be lubricated with fuel otherwise it will rupture on insertion causing leaks. The leak was very minor so there was no noticeable effect on fuel economy, and the vapors entered the cabin through the air inlet for the air conditioning. I guess checking the fuel lines around the engine for leaks would be a place to start.

Martin