CLOSE CALL

Dad noticed today.. side mirror mount had lifted off and not aligned anymore.. there goes the seal too. f#ckn ****** off. Should of just got out and decked him :angry:

post-10034-127537795147_thumb.jpg

post-10034-127537796228_thumb.jpg

New side mirror mod, ductape

post-10034-127537797217_thumb.jpg

Mum works at toyota.. said wont be able to play around with the mirror unless you dismantle the whole door. :(

Ordering new mirror cover now. Still dont know wat to do with the mis-aligned mount.

Edited by johnnieboi

I'd say awesome story, but its not quite pleasant when in that situation as I have been myself twice over thhe last year...

in both times I had my 4 year old son in the car.

first time a bogan in a SS commodore took offence to the car behind him driving to close (as bogan was driving about 40 in a 60 zone), bogan took opportunity when single lanes become double to pull along side and abuse the other driver (who then took a side road)... As i past him i glanced over to which he also took offence and then began shouting at me and then began (as lights turned green) dumping his clutch and "drifting" his commodore over into my lane , and actually pulled ahead half a cars length and then swerved into my lane... in (I assume) an attemp tto cause me panic and maybe drive off road...

Police advise cannot do anything without evidence...

I december of 2009, heading north I took a right hand turn (east) at large roundabout... Nissan patrol driver heading south attempted to pull out at speed in front of me at which I honked (whilst being forced by his failing right of way to basically perform a U-turn on roandbout to avoid him...). He skiided to stop abusing and waving his arms at me, and followed me off roundabout...my son ws crying by thhis point so i left the road... other driver pulled and ran to my window and punched me in the face (im in my car with belt on mind you). we shouted at ewach other he returned to his car, I got out took photo of him and his passengers who by now were at the back side of my car near sons window (with beers in hand). I took all their photos annd same of his car. I had bloody face, photos and crying son. None of the rush hour traffic stopped to offer assistance.

I drove straight to police. filed report had photos taken.

several weeks later, they advised he was later caught up with and his passengers and him (backing up each others stories), that I attacked him and he punched me in defence. Police claim this means they wouldnt be able to push the matter with a judge so they dropped persuing Tp with charges.

They also advises TP (sorry business talk or third party/other ddriver) is known to him as are his family (his sons were his passengers), and wheen they attennded his semi-rural home (and sight of his hydroponics company) the family surrounded thhe officers and they were considerin gcalling for back up, they strongly advised me to not persue TP or take private action due to his background and history.

anyway.. with your case GET a police report # ASAP, get his name, adddress, and rego, and lodge a insurance claim annd get your XS waived.

Simon

(**** Insurance recoveries Deptment) :)

Dad noticed today.. side mirror mount had lifted off and not aligned anymore.. there goes the seal too. f#ckn ****** off. Should of just got out and decked him :angry:

Make a claim on your insurance dude. Since you were not at fault, you have the rights to choose a repairer and have the entire thing replaced with a new side at no cost to you. It won't affect your premium nor your rating either. The insurance company will recover the costs of the repair from the other party.

Just get the report number from the cops and forwaded the details to your insurance company. You have a witness too - Tom.

Bad news but least you are safe sorry about the falcon driver. There are certainly some drunken idiot drivers around. did he have insurance. I am assuming not since he was stupid enough to get into a car drunk.

Sorry for what happened, but you guys were lucky to survive without injuries. Car can be always fixed!

That's what I was going to talk about actually... When you'll take it to the repair shop, could you please ask/see how will they be removing the side mirror mount? I am willing to colour code mine but not sure how to remove it.

Got a phone call today from the police. Said the guy will be charged and will have to fork out for whatever it is that i have to fix. The officer said to just go ahead and get it fixed so i will. When the guy goes to court i will be reimbursed for the repairs. When that will be, i dont know but.

Got a phone call today from the police. Said the guy will be charged and will have to fork out for whatever it is that i have to fix. The officer said to just go ahead and get it fixed so i will. When the guy goes to court i will be reimbursed for the repairs. When that will be, i dont know but.

Good to hear mate.

Vinh