HID KIT XENON CONVERSION

Speed

hey mate i have hids in my 96 camry you dont need projectors to use them the projector just make the beams more focused but still even with out them they are still way better then stock bulbs shop around for kits there is a place in chatswood that sells them they have kits rangeing from 80-300 also look on ebay i bought mine for 70 aus from america.

sean

like sean said you dont need projectors, BUT you will be blinding other drivers, and most likely get alot of people flashing their high beams at you...

my advice, dont worry about HID's, go get yourself a pair of Narva Artic Blue... You'll be happy with the results (and the price)

Agreed. If you are going to use HIDs definitely retro fit some projectors in there. It not so much the focus but the cut off for the light beam to stop the blinding and glare. It doesn't take long driving in front of someone with hids in the standard reflectors housing to get annoying.

right now i have a philips xtreme power on my car, the whole set, H4,HB4,HB3 low beam, high beam and fog light., i just wanna know more about HID before i go and buy it.

Well hids were made for cars with projector headlights. This is because they have a solid cutoff in terms of the light output. If you park a car with projectors and hids in front of a wall, you will see that there is a very distinct line at a specific height. Anything above is completely dark. This is where the projectors come in. They stop light going above a certain point which stops glare and the blinding problems. If you put a hid kit into normal headlights, you will have light going everywhere. This is brighter but your vision in terms of distance may actually decrease as you will have hot spots which your eyes will try to adjust to.

Perfect hid setup (mind you this is for a left hand drive car)

bbbbbml1.jpg

This is what it's like with hid's slapped into stock housing. Notice how there is no cutoff and light going everywhere.

79d1248288389-retro-fitted-projectors-vs-hid-kit-8.jpg

Edited by STYLSH