Blue Tooth on Presara SatNav

I have recently acquired an Aurion Presara and have managed to get most of the complicated stuff to work (but only after spending many hours reading the extensive manuals over and over again!!)

The one problem I have remaining is transferring the contacts list from a mobile phone to the Handsfree which is part of SatNav. I can pair the mobile via the Bluetooth - which works fine.

When it comes to transfering phone numbers, the screens work fine - but then, even after half an hour, nothing has happened and then I have to click 'Cancel' to terminate. All this time I have to keep the engine running since it says in the manual that the transfer doesnt work if the engine is not running.

It could well be the phone is not correct - it is supposed to have Object Push Profile - and I have not been able to check if my Nokia has this or not.

Has anyone successfully transferred their contact list? If yes, please let me know what type of phone you used. Interestingly, there is a US web site which has a list of US mobile phones which are compatible and it even says which features will work with the Toyota SatNav Bluetooth. But, I couldnt find even one mobile phone which said the Data Transfer feature will work - every one had 'No' under the Data Transfer column.

Edited by electroboffin

I have recently acquired an Aurion Presara and have managed to get most of the complicated stuff to work (but only after spending many hours reading the extensive manuals over and over again!!)

The one problem I have remaining is transferring the contacts list from a mobile phone to the Handsfree which is part of SatNav. I can pair the mobile via the Bluetooth - which works fine.

When it comes to transfering phone numbers, the screens work fine - but then, even after half an hour, nothing has happened and then I have to click 'Cancel' to terminate. All this time I have to keep the engine running since it says in the manual that the transfer doesnt work if the engine is not running.

It could well be the phone is not correct - it is supposed to have Object Push Profile - and I have not been able to check if my Nokia has this or not.

Has anyone successfully transferred their contact list? If yes, please let me know what type of phone you used. Interestingly, there is a US web site which has a list of US mobile phones which are compatible and it even says which features will work with the Toyota SatNav Bluetooth. But, I couldnt find even one mobile phone which said the Data Transfer feature will work - every one had 'No' under the Data Transfer column.

Hi Electroboffin,

follow this attached link.

I followed also and work perfectly.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=26795

Good luck

Edited by Snickers

Hi Electroboffin,

follow this attached link.

I followed also and work perfectly.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=26795

Good luck

Thanks so much for pointing out this link.

I have a DKU-2 cable and Nokia PC Suite.But I just cant get to the contacts which happen to be on the SIM card!

But I managed to use a SIM Manager to get at the 220 odd contacts - and I was able to copy the contents to my PC as a text file and then save it back into the memory card. But it just wouldnt transfer from the phone to the SatNav Bluetooth - probably didnt like the text file. Then I tried a CSV file - but that didnt work either!

Any help in doing this would be much appreciated.

Edited by electroboffin