New Member, but old and grumpy

manwell

Hi everyone,

I am a 52 year old hoon. Currently driving a SLWB Hiace, a Triumph Bonneville, the missus has a Tarago, and I just bought a 1984 Honda VF1000.

Used to race motorbikes, had a HQ 4 door Monaro with a Chev 350 LT1 motor years ago, before it was pinched.

Qualified as a Commercial Helicopter Pilot, hold an Air Transport Pilot Licence - Aeroplanes, with many years experience instructing, including aerobatics.

I'm bored with the madness that is intended to pass for a road safety policy, and hope that most people realise that consciousness, or awareness, and skill will save you more times than keeping to the speed limit ever could. Especially stupid speed limits intended to encourage people to speed, thereby increasing revenue and keeping the average taxpayer's mind off the criminal state of roads, deadly road furniture, the criminal waste of our money on radars to make money for a bankrupt state government, etc.

I could go on, but you probably get the idea. I told you I was old and grumpy.