key fob programming

Smiling

Hey guys,

I bought a new key fob for my 2004 V6 Sportivo, http://www.chipkeys.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=343&Redirected=Y, tried to programming myself (as per pdf from CamryStuff.Com)

but it didn't work (probably the programming instruction only fit for US Camrys)

Any directions for a programming instructions for Aussie Camrys?

If not - how much does the dealers charge for the key fob programming (I already have a blank one)? Do I need to bring my car to dealership or the original keyfob should suffice?

Edited by Smiling

Hey guys,

I bought a new key fob for my 2004 V6 Sportivo, http://www.chipkeys.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=343&Redirected=Y, tried to programming myself (as per pdf from CamryStuff.Com)

but it didn't work (probably the programming instruction only fit for US Camrys)

If not - how much does the dealers charge for the key fob programming (I already have a blank one)? Do I need to bring my car to dealership or the original keyfob should suffice?

Spoken over the phone with Toyota Chatswood/Artarmon today, they quoted $45 for cutting and programming a key, and told me that will program the remote for free.

Sounds too good to be true. Going to pay them a visit on monday.

Hey guys,

Spoken over the phone with Toyota Chatswood/Artarmon today, they quoted $45 for cutting and programming a key, and told me that will program the remote for free.

Sounds too good to be true. Going to pay them a visit on monday.

Make sure you check it out. About a month ago had similar problem with remote for my '99 Camry and I went to Toyota at Alexandria. $45 for remote and $79 to program by service people and would need the car for 90 minutes. Went to my local Auto Electrician, $52 for remote and program which took no longer then 20 seconds. It should have the programming steps in the car manual to DIY.

mmm this tends to vary dealership to dealership some charge $10-25 to program a new master key and remote and then others charge nothing because we do it that often that it only takes a few minutes or even seconds in some cars cases (like remote on 20 series) Just depends on the dealer and the vehicle some can take a bit longer like Prado and Land cruiser and it can also depend on some individual vehicles. For example you can’t program remotes or master keys in certain models if things like the courtesy lights or door ajar light buzzer doesn’t work. Best to just go visit your dealer and even shop around if you have the option to do so :)