Disabling seat belt warning and VSC & TRC

czaja74

I found this video. I think that this is a way to disable seat belt warning. I cant understand it but it is pretty selfexplanatory.

http://www.youtube.c...aoqLFJ-4qo&NR=1

This one is not on Aurion but might be worth to try:

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Edited by czaja74

The procedure to disable the seat belt warning is also shown in the appropriate service manual. This does not work on the Aurion.

SEAT BELT BUZZER ON/OFF SETTING (Procedure "A")

The seat belt buzzer ON/OFF setting, which is a setting of the buzzer function of the combination meter, can disable the driver and front passenger side seat belt buzzers.

NOTICE:

• These buzzers should be on for safe driving. Perform these procedures only if it is necessary to set the buzzer off (disabled).

• When either the battery cable or the combination meter connector is disconnected, these buzzers are set on (enabled).

• Odometer returns to 0 after starting this procedure, although it is not displayed.

HINT:

"b-oFF" indicates that the buzzer is OFF. "b-on" indicates that the buzzer is ON. The seat belt buzzer ON/OFF setting will be finished (the odometer will display "ODO") if the ODO/TRIP switch is not operated for 10 seconds or more. In this case, perform step 11 to check that the buzzer ON/OFF setting is complete. If it is not complete, start from step 1 again.

(a) Driver and front passenger side seat belt buzzers

(1) Turn the ignition switch on (IG).

(2) Press the ODO/TRIP switch until the odometer displays "ODO".

(3) Ignition switch off.

(4) Turn the ignition switch on (IG).

(5) Press the ODO/TRIP switch immediately (within 6 seconds) and hold it down for 10 seconds or more.

(6) Continue holding down the ODO/TRIP switch and fasten the driver side seat belt.

(7) Check that the odometer displays either "b-on" or "b-oFF".

(8) Press the ODO/TRIP switch to change the display to "b-oFF".

(9) Ignition switch off.

(10)Turn the ignition switch on (IG).

(11)Check that no buzzer sounds.

As for disabling VSC, you are forcing it to detect a fault which as a result, will disable VSC and TC at the same time. When you want to turn it back on through that method shown in the video, you need to plug it back in and then drive for some distance (which can vary between several kilometres up to a hundred or so) or reset your ECU. Not really a smart choice in my opinion.

There is a way you can theoretically disable TC, but I'm not going to explain the procedure here (yet anyways) as it involves modifying the wiring that goes to the skid control ECU, and if not done properly, can potentially be considered unsafe and I am not going to be the one responsible for that.

Just a comment/question..Not expecting an indepth reply/explanation....But I am curious to know why people are wanting to turn these driver aids off...If the aurion didn't have everything it has it would be a difficult car to drive quick..... just my personal opinion.....

If the aurion didn't have everything it has it would be a difficult car to drive quick..... just my personal opinion.....

In my opinion, the Aurion can be manoeuvred quicker without the use of it's 'driving aids'. The way they are implemented on the Aurion is too intrusive and when the Aurion is pushed to it's limit intentionally, these slow it down. But that's coming from the perspective of one that drives it beyond it's original design.

For your everyday person, I don't really see where it would be that useful overall. I was just having my say on the part I have quoted.

If the aurion didn't have everything it has it would be a difficult car to drive quick..... just my personal opinion.....

In my opinion, the Aurion can be manoeuvred quicker without the use of it's 'driving aids'. The way they are implemented on the Aurion is too intrusive and when the Aurion is pushed to it's limit intentionally, these slow it down. But that's coming from the perspective of one that drives it beyond it's original design.

For your everyday person, I don't really see where it would be that useful overall. I was just having my say on the part I have quoted.

Well DJ in terms of this forum I completely respect your knowledge and opinions. But, in terms of the driver aids I have pushed the car around lakeside to breaking point. It impressed me no end, but I think if it didn't have the aids it did i would have been in the wall under dunlop bridge. And I've done a few thousand laps around there in a variety of cars and bikes.... none of them had the aids that the aurion does....

I think with the front wheel driving that much horsepwoer and torque it needs the aids.....but once again it might just be me and my driving style.. :)

Is it about time for brisbane cruise??? :)

But, in terms of the driver aids I have pushed the car around lakeside to breaking point. It impressed me no end, but I think if it didn't have the aids it did i would have been in the wall under dunlop bridge. And I've done a few thousand laps around there in a variety of cars and bikes.... none of them had the aids that the aurion does....

When you were driving it around the track, did you actually have VSC beeping?

But, in terms of the driver aids I have pushed the car around lakeside to breaking point. It impressed me no end, but I think if it didn't have the aids it did i would have been in the wall under dunlop bridge. And I've done a few thousand laps around there in a variety of cars and bikes.... none of them had the aids that the aurion does....

When you were driving it around the track, did you actually have VSC beeping?

Didn't hear any beeping due to wind noise :)...But I did see the traction control light flashing pretty much and whole way round, with the exception of the straight and under Dunlop....

Didn't hear any beeping due to wind noise :)...But I did see the traction control light flashing pretty much and whole way round, with the exception of the straight and under Dunlop....

Well from experience from off the track and the time I headed out to QR, Traction Control is less intrusive (but still intrusive nonetheless) than VSC.

Traction Control in operation is indicated by the indicator light (sliding car) flashing with no beeping. VSC on the other hand when in operation is always indicated with a constant beeping sound during the duration of it's operation and sometimes with the TC indicator light flashing when both systems are operating in tandem.

When VSC is in operation, it's not all that great and it does slow you down in terms of it cutting throttle, sometimes a little more than what it should. In other words, once VSC is in operation, it is intrusive to the point that you will notice it when it's doing it's job. It is not something that operates without you even realising. Basically, it's never automatically making adjustments while you are driving. It only comes into action when the car physically slides.

That all said, VSC on the Aurion is not implemented that well. It takes a fair bit of a slide for it to start taking action. I wouldn't be surprised if you had managed to make it around the track many times without VSC ever intervening.

All this said, that's only in reference to VSC. EBD (Electronic Brakeforce Distribution) on the other hand is a driving aid that comes into use in a situation like on the track. This feature is not disabled however when VSC is. Just saying that so that others are aware that even though everything ties in together, it isn't necessarily the same.

So what your saying is that what I thought was pushing it to the limit of car and driver wasn't even close because the VSC didn't start going off its nut :)

Guess i'll have to go back and have another crack at it :)

Thanks for the techo explanation DJ :)

I always leave these on by default. HoweverI'm curious to see what performance I could get with these switched off. It will be helpfull it these could be disabled with push of the button.

I always leave these on by default. HoweverI'm curious to see what performance I could get with these switched off. It will be helpfull it these could be disabled with push of the button.

I was literally thinking of the same thing couple of days ago.

So what your saying is that what I thought was pushing it to the limit of car and driver wasn't even close because the VSC didn't start going off its nut :)

Guess i'll have to go back and have another crack at it :)

Thanks for the techo explanation DJ :)

No worries mate. Driving style has a fair bit bearing on how the car reacts. From my own experience, I found that on the track (QR surface with RE001's), you would have to make a pretty bad move, in the dry at least, to get into a situation where VSC was to 'kick in' so to speak. I have never hit that point on track... it was my limit that was reached instead.

In situations where VSC does it's job, it's going to be one where you know it is working. It is basically there to correct a slide once it occurs and not actually prevent it in the first place. Systems like EBD and ABS work towards the prevention side of things.

I don't really have a way to explain anything else about it. The best way is to take it somewhere where you can safely get the car to slide and see how it reacts. To give you an idea of how the VSC reacts, about the only video that I have that shows an instance where VSC is doing it's job is as follows. You can see where I took the corner a little too hard and introduced a little bit of lift-off oversteer. You can then see and hear how the VSC reacted at 2:40 to 2:45. It's not much of an example but gives you an idea of it's reaction.

I was literally thinking of the same thing couple of days ago.

Performance wise, don't be expecting any gain unless you are doing tight circuit work where you believe that you can benefit from letting the rear slide out instead of taking the corner slower.

As I have said, VSC is only there to fix a problem after it has occurred. You aren't gaining any extra advantage except for letting the car slide by disabling it.

Disabling traction control is only really useful when you need to start accelerating from a slippery surface or you are doing circuit type driving where you just want to power through the corners with wheelspin instead of it cutting throttle. Apart from that, you don't really gain anything else.

I dont drive on the track. It seems like in my situation I'll leave it on.

+1. Thanks djkor :)

By all means guys, I'm not telling you that you shouldn't turn it off. The best thing you can do with yourself and your car is head out to either a skidpan day or spend just a little money and do a defensive driving course. Then try manoeuvres with both TC/VSC on and then with it off. Getting a feel for how your car handles when it goes out of control is not a bad move.