Protecting seats from baby/child seats

Happs

Hi,

I have a Kluger on order and will be installing a baby and child seat in it. It has leather seats and I was wondering if anyone can recommend a way to protect the leather from any damage (scratches, tears, stretches etc). I assume there are many in this forum that use a Kluger with children.

Baby seats sometimes come with a thin blanket or cloth sort of thing that you put under the baby seat as a bit of a barrier between it and the car seat. But it's too thin to really do any good and there are still indentations in my current car (with cloth seats) and the seat foam where the safety belts attach hasn't bounced back. I'm really concerned this will happen (and possibly even worse) with leather seats.

Thanks for any tips or lessons learned people would like to share.

EDIT:

I guess something like this is what I'm after, but I'm not sure if they're available over here?

Seat Protector

EDIT 2:

Turns out they are in Aus:

Urban Baby

Ivory Stork

Edited by Happs

Hi,

I have a Kluger on order and will be installing a baby and child seat in it. It has leather seats and I was wondering if anyone can recommend a way to protect the leather from any damage (scratches, tears, stretches etc). I assume there are many in this forum that use a Kluger with children.

Baby seats sometimes come with a thin blanket or cloth sort of thing that you put under the baby seat as a bit of a barrier between it and the car seat. But it's too thin to really do any good and there are still indentations in my current car (with cloth seats) and the seat foam where the safety belts attach hasn't bounced back. I'm really concerned this will happen (and possibly even worse) with leather seats.

EDIT:

I guess something like this is what I'm after, but I'm not sure if they're available over here?

Seat Protector

EDIT 2:

Urban Baby

Ivory Stork

We've got two car seats fitted and were also concerned about them damaging the leather as they will be on for a few more years.

The best solution we found was to find a bath mat that matched the colour of the leather and put underneath.

Not only are they thick enough to offer some protection, the rubber backing means they don't slip.

We eventually found one that is the exact colour as the leather - almost look like they came with the car and you can hardly notice them.

Hi,

EDIT:

Seat Protector

EDIT 2:

Urban Baby

Ivory Stork

We've got two car seats fitted and were also concerned about them damaging the leather as they will be on for a few more years.

The best solution we found was to find a bath mat that matched the colour of the leather and put underneath.

Not only are they thick enough to offer some protection, the rubber backing means they don't slip.

We eventually found one that is the exact colour as the leather - almost look like they came with the car and you can hardly notice them.

That's a great idea thanks!

Yeah it'll be 7-9 years that we'll have the seats in the car still with the new reg's (which is a good thing), so I'm expecting that no matter what I use they will never be quite the same again!