RA28 engine change!?

<3ra28

i want to get a ra28 and put a straight 6 in it, i absolution love straight 6's

and id love to but i cant find a cheap 2jz, and i have a XR6 engine, gearbox and drivetrain laying around not being put to any use. thats why im wandering if i get the ra28 will it fit or should i just go ahead and get rid of the engine

i've found a goos ra28, auto and single cam so its cheap but since im going for a straight 6 the engine and trans doesnt bother me

thanks for your info, if u hear about a cheap 2jz please do let me know

thanks alot mate :)

I know a 1UZFE V8 will fit, An LS2 from a commodore should go pretty simply as well. The Ford 6 should go but could be a pretty expensive conversion

being the son of a really experienced mechanic parts are the only thing i pay for and i got most of them so, putting in the xr6 shouldnt set me back that much

thanks for your post its kept my hopes alive

dont put a big straight 6 in there... it will be a bitch to fit and the car will handle like a bag of **** afterwards, too much weight up the front.

IMO if you want to chuck a ford I6 in something, get an older supra.

dont put a big straight 6 in there... it will be a bitch to fit and the car will handle like a bag of **** afterwards, too much weight up the front.

IMO if you want to chuck a ford I6 in something, get an older supra.

excuse me but im yet to see a problem with going sideways while shredding the tires ahaha

IMO if you want to chuck a ford I6 in something, get a Ford.

Fixed.

Chucking a huge (it is 4.0L remember) cast-iron block straight six into a dinky RA28 (they only weigh a bit over a tonne) is going to play havoc with your suspension and handling. Sure it'll go like a cut snake in a straight line, but say goodbye to corners. Remember Ford themselves tried the big-six-in-a-small-car with the Cortina, and the 4.1s were such lead-tipped arrows that they were almost deadly to drive.

In my mind, if you need to go straight six in an RA28, go for a 1GGTE. It has been done tonnes of times before so there is plenty of knowledge and experience out there to help you out, the engine isn't massive and heavy so it doesn't impact handling too much, you can wring decent power out of them quite easily (talking 200kw at the wheels here), and best of all, you're keeping it all Toyota :P

so i found a engine i can afford comfortably, toyota 3S-GE engine, its toyota, its close to 200bhp, its straight 4 like the original, its rwd like the original. so im thinking it to be a kind of a modernisation of the original specs :)

what do you guys think?

so i found a engine i can afford comfortably, toyota 3S-GE engine, its toyota, its close to 200bhp, its straight 4 like the original, its rwd like the original. so im thinking it to be a kind of a modernisation of the original specs :)

what do you guys think?

Where did you find a RWD 3S? Is it from an altezza?

what do you guys think?

yes it is

what do you guys think?

yes it is

Absolutely go down this path, blacktop BEAMS 3S-GE engines are epic, one of my fav engines for sure.

what do you guys think?

yes it is

very good, definitely use this engine...