Corolla 2007 on door trim removal

stretch1000

Just trying to get as much info as posible on how to do this. I have found three screws holding it on. Two behind the door handle and one behind the door latch. Now i have tried to pull the door panel off after removing these screw but it does not seem to be coming off. How much force do i need to get this off or do i need a panel removal to help. Any help or photos would be great. Also advise on what type of speaker fits in the door would be great also.

Just trying to get as much info as posible on how to do this. I have found three screws holding it on. Two behind the door handle and one behind the door latch. Now i have tried to pull the door panel off after removing these screw but it does not seem to be coming off. How much force do i need to get this off or do i need a panel removal to help. Any help or photos would be great. Also advise on what type of speaker fits in the door would be great also.

Hey Man,

there is a fair amount of force required on the 1st time you take it off (i know from my car install days). Also note, you should disconnect the 2 cables running the door lever or, alternative, unhitch the door handle and leave it hanging :)

PS: Corolla ICE upgrade << Check this for ideas:)

Hey Man,

there is a fair amount of force required on the 1st time you take it off (i know from my car install days). Also note, you should disconnect the 2 cables running the door lever or, alternative, unhitch the door handle and leave it hanging :)

PS: Corolla ICE upgrade << Check this for ideas:)

Thanks for your reply pete, the photo's are invaluable and help alot. How did you go about fitting the speakers in the door with those dam pop rivets. I take it you just drilled them out. What size screw did you have to use. Also how do you disconnect the door handle, is it just a push fit.

Cheer's Craig

Hey Man,

Drill the pop riverts and make a custoemr speaker mount out of 8mm MDF. To nail it in place, I used some long bolt and nut combos from bunnings (about 5-6 cm long)

You can fit 6.5" speakers all round

Hope this helps ;)