Radio - Crackling & Hissing

HELP !!!!

I have a 2008 Corolla Ascent Hatchback and have had radio issues since day one. Toyota, supposedly changed the radio unit, then the antenna and wiring from the unit to the antenna. This has been going on for two years, the other day, they replaced the radio unit with a supposedly better model and the CRACKLING and Hissing has gotten worse.

I have taken the car to an independant car audio place in melbourne who advised me that they have tested wires, antenna etc, but it appears the unit could be the problem. have suggested i try putting in an aftermarket product and see if this solves the problem.

Has anybody else had this problem or am i just going crazy. Any solutions or feedback would be great.

Cheers

Do you still have warranty on the car itself ?

Is it an oem HU or aftermarket ?

If its oem and still have warranty take it back to toyota and claim for it under warranty. My HU and speakers are still going fine from cranking it up abit.

Yes, i still have another 11 months left on the warranty.

This is the second OEM HU that toyota have fitted, but stil the problem is there, toyota keeps telling me there is nothing wrong with it.

thanks for your response.

Do you still have warranty on the car itself ?

Is it an oem HU or aftermarket ?

If its oem and still have warranty take it back to toyota and claim for it under warranty. My HU and speakers are still going fine from cranking it up abit.

i have the same problem. When i connect an MP3 player, most of the songs have really bad audio quality. In my dads landcruiser theyre fine.