Easest Mod

Hi,

I am come from the land of carby's where if you want performance you wack a webber on.

so with a 1990 corolla, what is the cheapest mod for performance?

They have the 1600cc engine or 1.6L engine.

I imagine these cars are computer operated so therefore I am guessing you could stick in on a computer and "mod" it?

I will also read other posts as i am sure this has been asked before.

Any help or info about these cars would be great. Oh and mine has done 200 000 :o

is that bad? thank you

Hi,

I am come from the land of carby's where if you want performance you wack a webber on.

so with a 1990 corolla, what is the cheapest mod for performance?

They have the 1600cc engine or 1.6L engine.

I imagine these cars are computer operated so therefore I am guessing you could stick in on a computer and "mod" it?

I will also read other posts as i am sure this has been asked before.

Any help or info about these cars would be great. Oh and mine has done 200 000 :o

is that bad? thank you

www.twincam.org.au

Hey there,

I'm new to later model toyotas, and up until a couple of years ago I was the same. As suggested, www.twincam.org is a great source of information.

Along the same lines as whacking a bigger carbie on an old banger, increasing airflow always adds a little bit of power and / or response. Depending on budget you can go either 1 of 2 ways.

1) K&N Panel Filter - about $99 - $129 for your model I think from memory. If you want a little bit of extra noise from your induction you can always swiss cheese the bottom of the air intake box as I've heard of some people doing, but personally haven't done this myself so can't vouch for it. I imagine it couldn't hurt because its increasing air flow to the filter and hence airflow to the engine.

2) The second option to increase airflow which is my personal favourite is to get either a short ram air intake with a pod filter, or a full cold air intake with a pod filter. The pod filter replaces your stock air box and panel filter set up, and due to being a cone shape allows for minimal less space used yet more surface area sucking air. The added bonus of this is because it uses a smaller space u can fit one on that will have a bigger maximum surface area than what the panel filter will and increase air flow that way.

I've used both panel filters and pod filters with short ram air intakes in the past and they definately do improve response and pick up.

Other cheap mods include suspension, sway bars, suspension struts, headers, catalytic converter upgrade, high flow muffler - basically anything to make the car handle better, breathe better, and more aerodynamic is cheap and doable. These little mods always make for a fun and responsive little car to drive and don't cost the earth.