2gr -fe intermittent whstle

N3ptuNe

Hi every one,

I'd like to welcome my self to these forums, didn't know they excised till I Googled Toyota Aurion Clubs :P

I have a 2007 Aurion.

I noticed when I'm idling around 500 - 1500 or at the lights, I hear a occasionally strange intermittent high pitch whistling sound (a similar sound to worn brakes hitting rotors as a rough idea of what it sounds like.)

I've just investigated and it sounds like it's coming from the north side of the engine (Fan Belt area)

I was thinking it's the belts but when I rev the engine higher than 1500 it goes away which leads me to think it may be something a little more than the belts, I'll try lubing them up however there a son of a b7tch to get too!

Any suggestions.

Edited by N3ptuNe

To check if it is the belts the best lube is a bar of soap. Just hold it against the belt. Make sure you take some care and not put your fingers through the pulleys. The blood makes them slippery :)

Welcome to the club mate. Maybe it is some kind of vacuum leak from a hose that goes away as the revs rise, just something to think about :yahoo:

All fixed, sprayed some timing belt grip lubricant, now I have a mighty task of fixing the other creeks and noises from the very poorly cheap Aussie build interior. :help: