Total Damage

xyatax

Hey everybody

I got a 1999 Celica Zr sitting in my yard, awaiting repairs.

I have a list of things I need done.

1. Idle isn’t right, starts on 1400rpm then hits to 2000rpm, not sure the cause is from the air flow or the idle speed control valve.

2. I want to rip out the stock intake and throw in a high performance one, which do you think? I hear that Injen is top end power but I’m looking for more bottom end power

3. Serious damage is the front bar which holds the front bumper it’s all distorted. Does anybody know any good body shops in the Brisbane area?

4. How much would it cost to paint 2nd coat 1xfender aftermarket black to silver, And the bonnet 2nd coat silver or black.

Your help will save my Celica

Cheers

post-23674-0-87377700-1300886087_thumb.j

post-23674-0-97517700-1300886142_thumb.j

Hey everybody

How much would it cost to paint 2nd coat 1xfender aftermarket black to silver, And the bonnet 2nd coat silver or black.

Cheers

$3000-$5000

Hey everybody

How much would it cost to paint 2nd coat 1xfender aftermarket black to silver, And the bonnet 2nd coat silver or black.

Cheers

$3000-$5000

are you kidding me! how much each, its just one coat of paint? are was that for the whole list?

cheers

Edited by xyatax

are you kidding me! how much each, its just one coat of paint? are was that for the whole list?

cheers

Appoligies, Disregard my comment... I was thinking of the cost for painting the the whole car...

cheers

Appoligies, Disregard my comment... I was thinking of the cost for painting the the whole car...

yeah no worries, you wouldnt have any clue how much it would to stray paint the fender and bonnet one to silver and other to black both 2nd coat only 1st goat is done

we have fixed lots of these at my work. both mechanical and crash damaged.

idle problems are common. some need a idle control valve clean out, some need new valve. wont know till you try

these cars are painted clear over colour. very difficult to touch up. with metallic colours like silver, you will never get a match on a guard, you will have to blend it into the door. usually repainting the entire front end with blending the doors is around $1500 + any damage repair. cheaper jobs for 1 or 2 panles are possible, but they often look cheap as they rarely match well. yellow & silver ones are probably the worst to touch up and look good

if the metal front bar support is damaged, then the outer bar and its foam backing are both stuffed. we have new ones at my work.

no intake mod will give you more torque. thats exactly what the 2ZZ lacks. mostly they are just for show/noise. i've never had one make 1 extra kw under 5000rpm on the dyno

as this is not a commercial forum, contact me via PM if you want to follow-up anything

Edited by terryo

we have fixed lots of these at my work. both mechanical and crash damaged.

idle problems are common. some need a idle control valve clean out, some need new valve. wont know till you try

these cars are painted clear over colour. very difficult to touch up. with metallic colours like silver, you will never get a match on a guard, you will have to blend it into the door. usually repainting the entire front end with blending the doors is around $1500 + any damage repair. cheaper jobs for 1 or 2 panles are possible, but they often look cheap as they rarely match well. yellow & silver ones are probably the worst to touch up and look good

if the metal front bar support is damaged, then the outer bar and its foam backing are both stuffed. we have new ones at my work.

no intake mod will give you more torque. thats exactly what the 2ZZ lacks. mostly they are just for show/noise. i've never had one make 1 extra kw under 5000rpm on the dyno

as this is not a commercial forum, contact me via PM if you want to follow-up anything

cheers for the comment

Yeah well im looking to paint the aftermarket bonnet to black so only 2nd coat needed? , how much would it cost to paint the fender by it self? Not sure whats the best options, i'm thinking of geting a fullbodykit and when they spray paint that to silver i can inclued the fender, but then again what you said it being metallic its a pain to match it up? whats a esimate of the front bar cost and foam seems fine just one side is missing bout 3cm off. i attached a recent photo of front

cheers again

post-23674-0-58604400-1301060270_thumb.j