2007 corolla lighting problem wtf

Anon22

dash lights and tail lights come on and off whenever they want to while the headlights work fine.....very strange and its pretty much exactly the same thing as this guys problem

gonna try what he did and screw around with the wiring but im doubting it will work. anyone else heard of this problem because i think its a toyota screw up considering someone else had the exact same problem

I had that problem as well. However the cause of mine was the switch. I installed foglights so i purchased a switch from toyota. It worked perfectly for 2 months then one day the dash lights started to flicker. Then it got to the point where it wouldnt turn on. I realised that if i turn the switch really slowly, sometimes the lights will turn on and sometimes they wont. I got sick of it so i put the old switch back in.

After that i havent had a problem.

HEY BOYS!! ITS A COMMON PROBLEM IN THE ZRE'S!! I HAD MY HEAD LIGHT STALK REPLACED A FEW WEEKS AGO. THE PROBLEM IS, THE CONNECTORS ARE CRAP AND IT WILL NEED TO BE REPLACED ONCE IT STARTS TO PLAY UP. IF YOUR CAR IS STILL UNDER WARRANTY, TOYOTA WILL REPLACE IT. IF NOT, YOU WILL HAVE TO FORK OUT THE MONEY TO REPLCE IT. ITS A LOAD OF CRAP IF YOU ASK ME. LOL!

oh damn. did you get it replaced under warranty Wy?

Mine was the foglight stalk i purchased, i only had it for 2 months and it screwed up on me :( 180 down the drain just for a switch.

@Anon22: Your symptoms are exactly like mine.

My parker lights wouldnt work but headlights would always work. Slight bumps in the road would cause the lights to flicker, or they'll turn on and off.

The parkers, taillights and dashlights all run off the same circuit, so if one dies, they all do. If your issue is not caused by the switch, here are some other possibilities.

- Possibly blown fuse, even if the fuse looks ok, its possible that its blown. This can be found under the passenger glove box.

- Aftermarket headunit illumination cable wired incorrectly, this can kill your parkers and the fuse.

- There is a short in the circuit, this will be indicated by a fuse blowing when you try to turn the parkers on.

good luck on finding a solution!

oh damn. did you get it replaced under warranty Wy?

Mine was the foglight stalk i purchased, i only had it for 2 months and it screwed up on me :( 180 down the drain just for a switch.

@Anon22: Your symptoms are exactly like mine.

My parker lights wouldnt work but headlights would always work. Slight bumps in the road would cause the lights to flicker, or they'll turn on and off.

The parkers, taillights and dashlights all run off the same circuit, so if one dies, they all do. If your issue is not caused by the switch, here are some other possibilities.

- Possibly blown fuse, even if the fuse looks ok, its possible that its blown. This can be found under the passenger glove box.

- Aftermarket headunit illumination cable wired incorrectly, this can kill your parkers and the fuse.

- There is a short in the circuit, this will be indicated by a fuse blowing when you try to turn the parkers on.

good luck on finding a solution!

Nah Pete i had to pay, my cars out of warranty. lol. $150 installed.

SOLUTION to FIXING THIS.. REPLACE THE FAULTY STALK WITH A NEW ONE.