STRANGE FEELING THROUGH STEERING WHEEL WHEN TURNING

CROCO

HI EVERY ONE IM JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE IS EXPERIENCING A STRANGE FEELING THROUGH THE STEERING WHEN TURNING AS THIS IS MY FIRST KLUGER KLUGER IM NOT SURE IF IT IS NORMAL MINE IS ONLY 2WD IN THE PAST MY OTHER THREE CARS HAVE BEEN 4WD AND ONE OF THOSE WAS CONSTANT 4WD AND IN THAT TIME HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED THAT BEFORE.

Kluger has Electronic Power Steering (EPS), which I find feels different from the old hydraulic style.

Of course, if there is more to your story have a dealer or mechanic confirm the feeling. If they are going to charge you, take a demo drive in another Kluger of the same model to compare.

P.S. all caps on forums can be taken as shouting, so be sure to use it accordingly ...

WHEN I TEST DROVE ANOTHER KLUGER THE SAME MODEL AND SPEC AS MINE I DIDNT FEEL ANYTHING WRONG IN THE STEERING BUT IT WAS A 2009 MODEL AND MINE IS A 2007 MODEL I HAVE JUST READ OTHER POSTS AND IT LOOKS LIKE IM NOT ALONE WITH THIS PROBLEM .

• 1 month later...

Well its being a while since I started this topic.

The car has now being fixed under warrantly, the problem was the intermediate shaft, apparantly their wasnt enough grease put in the shaft when manufactured.

The steering is a lot better and the car drives alot better to, its turned a good car to drive into a great car to drive.

I so happy with the job done on my car im over the moon. :clap:

I like to big thanks jamie and the service department at dubbo city toyota, and truscotts for allowing for work to be done at my local dealer thanks guys,and a big thanks to toyota australia you are the best.

Still a very happy toyota customer. OH WHAT A FEELING . :toast:

Edited by CROCO