Need to find out to fix my mirror on the Kakadu

atpinto

Hi All,

My wife reversed the mirror into a pillar in a carpark. Don't really want to talk about it.......

But

The mirror seems ok for the most part, except it has come apart at the joins from the cover and the fron surround and is not sitting right, so I need to find a service or repair manual to show an exploded diagram or something of how I can get it off the car or take it apart and sit it backgether properly without braking it.

I know I am not explaining it right, so I attached a photo, pay close attention to the join between the silver and the black.

If someone has experience with this that would be excellent, or otherwise point me in the right direction, I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance,

atpinto

post-28597-0-57094500-1337422923_thumb.j

• 4 months later...

Hi All,

My wife reversed the mirror into a pillar in a carpark. Don't really want to talk about it.......

But

The mirror seems ok for the most part, except it has come apart at the joins from the cover and the fron surround and is not sitting right, so I need to find a service or repair manual to show an exploded diagram or something of how I can get it off the car or take it apart and sit it backgether properly without braking it.

I know I am not explaining it right, so I attached a photo, pay close attention to the join between the silver and the black.

If someone has experience with this that would be excellent, or otherwise point me in the right direction, I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance,

atpinto

I have a similar problem. I had the unfortunate experience of someone bumping my drivers side mirror in the car park, there are no marks on the mirror but it was pushed forward when I got to my car. Each time I start the car the mirror goes forward to the position that it was when I found it. I went to Toyota and they told me that a part inside had broken as they are not intended to fold forward, every other Toyota in the family folds forward without and issue. I have now been told that the mirror cannot be fixed and that I have to pay for a new mirror as it is not a warranty claim, price $2,048. I find this a complete waste as the mirror appears to be under engineered, being a 4WD are they saying that the mirror cannot be touched, a car park collision with a person's shoulder or back is going to render the mirror useless, for a car costing in excess of $70,000, this is a joke.

Do you have any suggestions as I have some pretty poor experiences with Toyota of late.

Did you find a solution to your problem?