Service Book for 1998 Prado 3.4l

Stokesy01

Hi michael, the service intervals are useally in the service book or in the owners manual, service for your v6 petrol prado are every 10000kms, major services are every 40000kms, that gives you a bit of time to save up for them :) . if you want it to last a long time change the oil and oil filter every 5000kms or every 6 months and you will have a freind for life, prados are fantastic cars.

Good luck with the prado mate.

Hi michael, I forgot to mention with your major services, which is every 40000kms, they replace spark plugs, all you gear box,diff, transfer oils and replace brake fluid, all you other servives are just oil and filter and just a check over, coolant im not sure of , I cant quiet remember, I think its every 100000kms, but not completly sure on that.

Thanks, The car came with the User manual but it has no service book. The car came with every service receipt, parts invoices and pink slips from when it was first purchased new. He must have lost the service book. It has only 104000 klm on the clock and I was looking at doing a major service on it myself including the timing belt and idlers. I have always changed the oil on my cars at 5000klm, cheap insurance on your engine for the price of a filter and oil.

the other tings I was looking at was the service intervals for the gearbox, diffs etc.

First time I have owned a another brand other than Ford. Very impressed so far with the Prado.

Hi michael, the service intervals on you gearbox and diffs, transfer is 40000kms or every 2 years, which ever comes first, its pretty straight forward job, I havnt done it on my prado when I owned it , I use to take it to toyota,but when I use to own my hiluxes I did my own services on my hiluxes.

The best thing to buy when you want to work or service you prado yourself is a repair manual, I bought mine from repco, I think it cost me about $50, but it will have all the information needed to change your belts etc, the one I had from memory was max ellerys repair manuals, but I know gregorys do one as well, the max ellerys one does both the 90 and 120 series prado, I not sure about the gregorys one, personally I like the gregorys one the best.

Im glad you love the prado there great cars,I wish I still had my 120 series prado it was the best car I had ever owned.