Hilux SR5 Timing Case Crack

G'day All

:help: I have an 06 Hilux Xcab SR5 4ltr petrol it has only 33,000 k's on the clock. It has just developed an oil leak out of the timing case so i put it in at my local dealer to have it repaired. It was to be around $800 for the job. I received a call this am tellimg me they have found a hairline crack right accross the timing cover and it would be best to replace. This by the way is on the other side of where the oil is leaking from and is not related to the leak in any way. It is going to cost a further $1670. I just can't get my head around the fact that with such low k's and how well I look after this vehicle that such a major fault has developed. All I get from the dealer is well it is 6 years old so it is to be expected that problems may arise. My question is although the vehicle is 6 years old Is there anyone that I can take this matter up with and maybe get a fair hearing as to the obvisious poor quality part or do I just suck it up and move on and never ever again buy nor ever recommend a toyota vehicle to anyone. Thanks for your advice/info in advance.