Variations between 07/08/09/10? Plus used kluger buying tips

ImSkitzoAndSoAmI

Hi, new to the forum. I've been reading a bit though as I search for a grande for the wife.

As per the title, I'm wondering if there were any changes to the grande in particular between '07 and '10 (pre MY11)?

Also I'm finding it hard to find the right car for the right price. Either these things hold their value extremely well or they are all overpriced. I've had a look at a few and not many seem to be in top condition. There is also much variation in the drive (feel) of some of them, some feel lovely and 'tight' and others to me seem a bit rough. Any tips on where to look for a good used kluger? I'm in NSW.

Welcome to the forum mate, im pretty they didnt change anything on the kluger beetween 2007 to 2010, only with late 2010 upgrade model.

I had the same problem when buying my kluger 12 months ago, there a lot of overpriced ones out the and there also some bargins, what I seen on the net with second hand klugers the private sellers and big metoplitan dealerships seem to be the best value for money,but there is a lot of dreamers out there too,If it was me I would buy mine at toyota dealership with warranty or extended warranty, what I have found its a lucky dip with buying one in good nick from any dealership as with private sellers ,they might have good order kluger in immaculate condition and next week they get another one on the lot in rough condition for the same price, its the luck of the draw, I guess most of these were bought for families with kids,any one who has kids will tell there not the kindest on cars, but that doesnt mean there hasnt been ones out there that have been babied, what I would look for if I was buying a used kluger is make sure all the services have been done, the engines dont like missed services, there has been the odd case of the engines seizing up due to sludge,but only from neglect, there pretty reliable and all check all the accesories work and check the steering on the test drive, that theres no clunk when turning , mostly left, this is caused by the intermediate shaft, the problem was that the shaft didnt have enough grease in it when manufatured and dried out, another thing to look for is the dash rattling,due to the clips breaking or the felt wearing of the clips, so when test driving do it in the morning, thats when the dash will rattle the most, als listen out for a whine when travelling beetween 50 to 70kmh, you check this out on this forum,there is a thread on this problem and the fixes, but in general the kluger is a reliable car that is a pleasure to drive and own, theres probadly things that I have missed but if you have any question or problems dont hesitate to post them on here , there is a lot of great bunch of guys on this forum with a lot of knowledge and are only too happy to help, let us know how you get on, hope to chat with you on the forum later mate.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply Croco. We have been looking for a Grande AWD. I looked at a 2007 which seemed realisticly priced on Sunday, but it was disappointing in the flesh. Coming to the realisation we would need to spend in the high 30's if not early 40's to get something in the condition we were seeking... we jumped on a used 2012 which came up recently. We pick it up on Sunday.

No doubt you will be seeing more of me on this forum :)

Edited by ImSkitzoAndSoAmI