Just bought an Estima!

taragolobby

Hey all, just figured out how to create a topic. Thought I'd keep you updated with my Estima buying experience.

So far so good. After discovering a new world called 'Estima' in my search for a Tarago I feel I'm onto a pretty good thing. Tried out a few local Tarago's both dealer and private. Pretty shabby condition for 2005's. Managed to trip over a bunch of low k Tarago's only to discover the world of Imports. Seems to be quite a lack of confidence out there about these but with good research I think I'm onto something great.

Not one but 10 to choose from

2003 model with 45,000 k's

Looks like it had been driven on carpet on Sunday's

Cameras front and back

12months warranty and reg

Privately check and came back with an 80% and a glowing personal report

SOLD!!!

Issues that I had to do a bit of phone work on.

Tow bar - Reportedly the same as Tarago ACR30R. Got a lot of 'Nah sorry mate!' Managed to find a company that makes the bars who sent me bolt fixing images which I matched on visit. Dealer agreed to have one installed for me anyway so hey:)

Radio/MP3 - Dealer is going to have a Clarion installed which will run back camera and front to be hooked up once Auto Barn figure the wiring. $500

Future parts - Talked to a Tarago parts importer pre 1999 models. He's looking at moving also into the 2000 and up models.

So back soon with photo's and a 'in the hot seat report'

Cheers

Hi 'Allow Me' the stereo that is being installed is Clarion VX402A. It works out about $500 for the swap over at Auto Barn. They are able to hook up rear camera but are still working out how to hook up front cameras. Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Hi taragolobby

Tow bar - Reportedly the same as Tarago ACR30R. Got a lot of 'Nah sorry mate!' Managed to find a company that makes the bars who sent me bolt fixing images which I matched on visit. Dealer agreed to have one installed for me anyway so hey:)

Would it be possible to PM me with the bolt fixing images.

I have a towbar from a Tarago that I want to fit onto my Estima but have no mounting brackets.

Hopefully the images you refer to might help in seeing just what I need and exactly how they are mounted.

Cheers

Ok I'm happily now cruising in my Estima. Everyone is pretty impressed and thinks its brand new. Looks brand new. Drives like a dream. Just went to the country. Incredible. Having tinted windows and aircon throughout was a dream for a very hot week.

So to name and fame. My dealer was Glam imports. Great to deal with. Even had the towbar installed for me. Handed the car over with a full tank of petrol to top it off! Couldn't be happier. Had the stereo swapped for the Clarion. They managed to get all the cameras working. I haven't found a use for the front ones as yet.

Hi taragolobby

Just sent a PM with email details.

Sounds like you have a good unit there.

Only just got ours (2000 ACR30) the other day and I must say I am absolutely thrilled with the quality - it is almost like new and has only 50k on the clock.

Drives fantastic. Twin sunroof great. Really quite inside and smooth on the road too.

Hopefully will be driving down to Armidale in the next few weeks and I am really looking forward to that.

Yet to change the Japanese GPS / DVD player unit - seen a few but am unsure of some of the Chinese ones.

Probably will have about $500 to spend on that when I get to do it.

The reaction from people at work who have seen it is very interesting - everyone is amazed at how 'new' it seems throughout.

Look forward to your ín the hot seat report'.

Cheers for now

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi chaps, I just got myself a 2005 Estima. Came with a new Chinese head unit that has GPS, DVD, reverse camera, ipod connection, bluetooth etc but still seems cheap! When you say 'front cameras' do you mean those on the side mirrors? Looking at the Clarion unit and also keen to know which autobarn did the job? Looking at putting in amp and getting better speakers as well!