White Pearl Paint cracking & peeling on a Prado

Hi, I have a 2009 Pearl White Prado that over the last 2 years has developed many small cracks and then areas that have peeled. This is only on metal surfaces.WThe car has been looked after meticulously, washed and polished.
Has any one else had problems, particularly with Pearl white (paint code 070)?

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/17/2020 at 6:22 PM, Ja G said:

Hi, I have a 2009 Pearl White Prado that over the last 2 years has developed many small cracks and then areas that have peeled. This is only on metal surfaces.WThe car has been looked after meticulously, washed and polished.

Looks like you car has developed "crows feet "

Washing and polishing can't protect what's under the clear coat. I seriously doubt factory paint would become like this if it was taken care of as you say you have, but, I will take an educated guess that your car has had some refinishing done, most likely in a workshop, where time is of the essence. They painted it quickly, then it was waxed to make it feel slick and smooth, BEFORE the clear coat has had enough time to gas off. When you wax a freshly painted car, you trap the gases and this will lead to clear coat failure such as Crows Feet over time. By virtue of it being out in the hot sun most days, the UV rays go to work to an already compromised and brittle surface.

I am sad to say this, but the only way to fix it would be to have the affected areas repainted, most likely back to metal if it extends that far down.