Rear power door

Poppy1

Kluger 2013 grande power door doesn't close or open just gives a couple of beeps. Have checked fuse ok and have tried the button on the fob. I am taking it back but thought I might have been missing some thing easy. Cheers Poppy1

Hi, the only 'trick' I found to operate the door, the button on the remote (or inside) has to be held down (rather than a quick press) to make it operate. I didn't realise that when I first got the car, but either found it in the manual or on forums. If it does as you described when the button is held down for two or three seconds then it sounds faulty to me.

Something the dealers should show everyone when they pick up the car!

I've never had a problem with the remote or push button on the door itself. However, there was a single instance of the door not closing properly a few months back. I was parked on a slight incline when this happened. The door would almost fully close, then "think" there was an obstruction and auto-open again. It did this a few times, so I gave up and moved the car to level ground and all was ok again.

Thanks for the reply but on level ground. Push button and hold for a couple of seconds and you get a double beep. If you manual close and don't close tit properly the motor takes over as usual and closes. Bought thru a car broker in brisbane and he drove it up to Mackay for nothing and drove my trade in back. Tried to buy locally but they couldn't get near the change over by about 2grand. Going into the dealer on Tuesday. Will report back on what they find.

Just a follow up spent today fitting a p3 brake controller to my kluger and whilst removing the passengers side dash guess what I found a button that is in the glove box that disables the rear power door. I feel like a goose but a least my rear door works. Have fitted the controller in where the coin drawer. This is the second time I have fitted it there as you don't hit your knee on it. Hope this is helpful for any one else who doesn't no why the door works.

Thanks for letting us know the outcome, I had no idea that button even existed (I had to find it on my kluger once you mentioned it)... it is mentioned in the manual but it took me two attempts to find it, there is so much to learn! No need to feel like a goose, I don't think many people would know it is there, including the dealers...unless someone had had your problem!