05 Sportivo Power Enhancers

44gze

I beg to differ with FWD being slow around bends. FWD is much faster through bends than RWD, reason because you can just nail it and it will grip instead of having to oversteer.

I've owned all three, and AWD for sure :D RWD is fun when you break traction but it's not that great when it comes to twisties.

For induction - does downtime of the car matter? BEcause for $9K, you could get a custom turbo kit made up from a respectable performance workshop, and probably still have change. Remember that when you're buying a branded kit, something like 40% (or more) goes to the brand name, more than the parts. Sure, they've been 'tested' and 'engineered', but seriously... for four thousand-odd dollars, I'm sure you could live with 10% less performance but still have some money in your pocket for later mods...

$2500 seems a tad high for a PowerFC + tune. You'd realistically be looking closer to the $2000-2200 mark.

IMHO - turbo is easier to work with than supercharged. Sure, you get more lowend power, but it's a helluva lot harder to increase power output than with a turbo.

the reason that the PFC is so much, is because its not made for the sportivo corolla its made for the celica, the looms are diff and so are quite few other things, there is also $800odd worth of tune in there as well.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the reason that the PFC is so much, is because its not made for the sportivo corolla its made for the celica, the looms are diff and so are quite few other things, there is also $800odd worth of tune in there as well.

oh ok... rewiring, I see... didn't realise that! Fair enough then, $300 to rewire sounds reasonable.

I've taken into account the tuning already. :P