Turbo Diesel 80 series engine issue?

Hey fellas,

First time to this forum so wanted some advice/info if poss.

Owned an 80 series for the last 8 or so years, has done approx 380000 kays. Recently went overseas for 6 weeks, came back and drove the car to and from work for a few days. Noticed one night a smokey smell coming from the engine bay and I could hear a boiling noise coming from the back LHS of the engine block. Checked oil level and was basically dry. Let it cool and topped up with oil. Left if for a few days and drove tonight. Same boiling noise issue. When I originally topped the oil there was steam/smoke coming out of the Oil receival point. I must admit I am fairly useless when it comes to cars so am fairly bad with car knowledge. Any ideas?

Im really worried I might have cooked the motor. No noticeable difference in the cars driving.

Cheers in advance

Will

Hey fellas,

First time to this forum so wanted some advice/info if poss.

Owned an 80 series for the last 8 or so years, has done approx 380000 kays. Recently went overseas for 6 weeks, came back and drove the car to and from work for a few days. Noticed one night a smokey smell coming from the engine bay and I could hear a boiling noise coming from the back LHS of the engine block. Checked oil level and was basically dry. Let it cool and topped up with oil. Left if for a few days and drove tonight. Same boiling noise issue. When I originally topped the oil there was steam/smoke coming out of the Oil receival point. I must admit I am fairly useless when it comes to cars so am fairly bad with car knowledge. Any ideas?

Im really worried I might have cooked the motor. No noticeable difference in the cars driving.

Cheers in advance

Will AIR IN HEAD /HEATER MITE NEED TO BLEAD

Ok cool. Its going in to be looked at this week. Sounds as though maybe coming from the turbo. I thought I may have an air lock on the oil hitting the turbo after running it so low