Remote engine start from key fob 2014/15/16/17

W30tto

Hi guys, 

Just interested has any one here put a RES kit in the kluger?

I’ve just got the components for the American highlander version and fitted it to my 2016 kluger and it works great. ( $250USD)

Happy to share the details with pics and videos if this is something that ppl might want to do to theirs.

We have a VF commo that has remote start and we use the feature all the time, and seeing as leather and Australia = skin removal, having the car cool down before we get in it seems like a good investment. 

IMG_1160.MOV

Edited by W30tto

• 3 years later...
On 2/19/2021 at 3:10 PM, W30tto said:

Hi guys, 

Just interested has any one here put a RES kit in the kluger?

I’ve just got the components for the American highlander version and fitted it to my 2016 kluger and it works great. ( $250USD)

Happy to share the details with pics and videos if this is something that ppl might want to do to theirs.

We have a VF commo that has remote start and we use the feature all the time, and seeing as leather and Australia = skin removal, having the car cool down before we get in it seems like a good investment. 

IMG_1160.MOVUnavailable

Hi I am looking to do the same this as you - however in my kit the cabling that connects to the ECU that I received does not reach all the ways from the steering wheel to the left hand passenger side where the ECU is located in the Australian Kluger models. How did you extend the cable? Also what wiring did you buy to do this? It would be great if I could just get a wiring harness to extend the connections.