2002 Prado OBD1 self diagnostics

Lone Wolf

I have a 2002 VZJ95R Prado 3.4 V6. I recently did a long trip and it used a lot of fuel. I measured about 5km to the litre before I left, that was around town, but on the trip I only got just over 800 km from both tanks, approx 130 litres of fuel, it was 91 from Ampol. At my destination I decided to do a self diagnostics on the ECU to see if there was any codes, sensors like oxygen, MAF, etc, but when I looked at the OBD1 socket there was no TE1 pin, the self diagnostics requires the bridging of E1 & TE1, but as per pic attached there is no TE1. I rang toyota and they didn’t know why it wouldn’t be there and didn’t really know what else to do other than take it to a dealer to get the computer read.

Does anyone know if I can use any other pins to check for codes, or do I have to get a reader to check? Do I have to get a specific reader or can I use and OBD2 reader with an adapter connection? Being a pensioner I can’t afford to much and I am trying to find a way of dealing with this that's not going to cost an arm and leg.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

A24557F5-7C83-4F79-BD87-BF441113C7CC.jpeg