Prado - cracked piston on diesel model at 120k?!?!?

Makka

I thought toyota was reliable however I recently had an experience where a diesel lancruiser prado had catastrophic engine failure at only 120k. In fact it suffered a cracked piston. The car had full service history by Toyota with no missed services, was well cared for and never saw off road use. Even the Toyota dealership had never heard of this. They are seeking out of warranty claim from Toyota as a result but not holding my breath as Toyota corporation falls far short of helping anyone once the car has been sold to you. In fact they simply use their large corporate power to run the other way from many other experiences of failed Toyota parts. Above is only one example of the problems faced with this Toyota make and model. On another Prado I had a complete aircon failure at only 32k. Toyota refused to fix with no reason even though it was and should have been under warranty. They wanted to charge $5k plus to fix a faulty system caused by their aircon parts breaking down. I had fixed elsewhere for less than half the price using Toyota parts after lengthy discussion with Toyota dealership and Toyota corporation pleading for assistance. 2 dealerships did reports and both reports pointed to product fault but still would not cover it. After 30 years plus owning and being incredibly loyal to Toyota starting to wonder if my loyalty has been worth it.

Edited by Makka