Aftermarket Air Intake

Hey all,

Just recently bought a 2007 TRD Aurion and am trying to find an aftermarket Air Intake, but am coming to the realisation that there is a very limited market for TRD Aurions. So far the only system I've been able to find is a K&N Typhoon Intake (link here: https://www.carmodsaustralia.com.au/KN-Filters-69-8611TS-69-Series-Typhoon-Performance-Air-Intake-System-Camry-35L-07-11?cq_src=google_ads&cq_cmp=18898892770&cq_con=&cq_term=&cq_med=pla&cq_plac=&cq_net=x&cq_plt=gp&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwpZWzBhC0ARIsACvjWRP893VLnAQsxIZJjcW5Go75b_T2N25rSWBVu6IeDziM2v41bpeyOREaAg1fEALw_wcB), however when viewing specifications for the product it states it fits Camry's from 2007-2011. Further digging revealed this product is an import from the USA hence why it's for a Camry - they don't have Aurions there. I am aware that they both share the 2GR-FE engine so I'm assuming the product will be able to be retrofitted to my TRD, provided the throttle body intake is the same diameter across Supercharged 2GR-FE's and N/A 2GR-FE's. Has anyone else in Aus had any luck sourcing/fitting one of these K&N Intakes, or know of another brand that do them specifically for the TRD Aurion's. Pretty confident in just ordering the aforementioned kit but their return policy sucks (can't return and refund if packaging has been opened, etc).

Cheers guys!

Jason.

The camry/aurion NA ones fit fine with the TRD. The throttlebody is the same diameter etc. The main issue with them is the breather pipes are setup differently but that's not a big deal. 
I've not seen one designed specifically for the TRD(There are lotus ones but the engine is orientated differently).

Some of the intakes designed for the NA version are as follows:
-K&N: 69-8611TS 
-AEM: AEM 21-870C
-AF Dynamic: 0715-TV-HS
-HPS Shortram: 827-534

I designed and printed a MAF pipe and filter enclosure with an attachment to goto the stock air intake locations but never got around to create the pipe that connects the two together, If you have the ability to print in a high temp resistant material I can probably share my files.

I personally use the AEM intake and it works and sounds well.

Screenshot 2024-06-19 221225.png

Screenshot 2024-06-19 221328.png

20240411_211607.jpg