2018 SL. Reversing camera display stopped being animated.

thisguy

I have a 2018 Camry SL Petrol. Until a few months ago the lines in the display for the reversing camera were animated. Now they’ve stopped being animated and an exclamation mark in a diamond is in the top right corner of the display.

I’ve tried looking in the instruction manual to try and change it back to being animated but I haven’t found how too. Does anybody here know how to do this?

I don’t know if this is coincidental, but I had a new car battery installed yesterday. Still no change to the reverse camera display. Could it be from some software update?

Edited by thisguy

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I had this happen to me when the battery connector worked itself loose and intermittently disconnected. I worked out the dynamic guidelines needed to be recalibrated after the battery disconnected. In my 2016 Camry I did this by turning the steering wheel full lock in one direction, then turning it full lock in the other direction.

I can't remember 100% what gear I needed to be in, but I think I needed the engine to be running and either in Park or Drive. I did my calibration in my driveway so I don't think the car needed to be moving at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, allanl88 said:

Hello,

I had this happen to me when the battery connector worked itself loose and intermittently disconnected. I worked out the dynamic guidelines needed to be recalibrated after the battery disconnected. In my 2016 Camry I did this by turning the steering wheel full lock in one direction, then turning it full lock in the other direction.

I can't remember 100% what gear I needed to be in, but I think I needed the engine to be running and either in Park or Drive. I did my calibration in my driveway so I don't think the car needed to be moving at all.

Thanks. I'll try it and see what happens. I did since have to buy a new car battery as my old one went flat. Maybe the old battery getting old caused the problem?

Edited by thisguy

16 minutes ago, thisguy said:

Thanks. I'll try it and see what happens. I did since have to buy a new car battery as my old one went flat. Maybe the old battery getting old caused the problem?

Just tried it. Didn't seem to work. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?